Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Legally official factory unlocked 3g.. Here is the answer

Default Legally official factory unlocked 3g.. Here is the answer
    On the apple's site there is information of which countries sell their 3g iphones unlocked, So this iPhones are a different model.

Factory Unlocked countries like:Belgium Italy, Greece, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, new Zealand.

Unlocked upon request:Argentina, Austria, Australia,Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estoria, France, Guatemala, Hungary, Honduras, India, Liechtenstein, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, Uruguay.

So............ You just take your 3g to the store and they unlock it?

"How about checking your iPhone before taking to the store for unlocking, and then comparing it?"
    "or how about some here knows somebody working at ONE store, and just asking?"

My 2

support.apple.com/kb/HT1937 (just to check What I wrote)

Last edited by dontmakemehurtu; 2010-01-26 at 05:21 PM. Reason: deleted post

Thanks

My telco in Australia is Optus, if i want mine unlocked by them it will cost me $AU 70.00

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nickh For This Useful Post:

latinoscar (2008-09-25)

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    My telco in Australia is Optus, if i want mine unlocked by them it will cost me 70.00
    Wow... wish it was the same here in USA. I'm willing to pay $100 if Apple can legally unlock my iPhone 3G.
    iPhone 2G 8gb - version 1.1.4 unlocked/jailbreak (iLiberty+)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 2.1 unlocked (Universal Sim V550) / jailbreak (QuickPwn)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 3.0 unlocked (Ultrasn0w) / jailbreak (Redsn0w)

I heard that they only unlock iphone that was bought from them. They will not unlock iphone from other store.

If you bought the iphone at Optus, then Optus will unlock it for you. But if you bought the phone at Optus, and walk in to a Vodaphone store, they will not unlock it. So AT&T iphone is far out of luck!

And I dont think those stores will risk their business with apple, just for unlock your iphone for $70! All comes down to how Apple control the IMEI. Apple knows what IMEI come from what store. If an Optus store submit a request to unlock an AT&T IMEI iphone, they'll be out of business with Apple...

This may have been beaten to death, but with a normal phone, AT&T MUST unlock it after you have had it for 90...assuming your bill is in good standing.

Why cant they do this with the iPhone? Correct me if i am wrong, but this is a LAW that they must do it.

Thanks

i just had my FIDO iphone unlocked in Moscow

Actually if you are with Optus on a plan, not pre-paid, you will get your phone unlocked for free. Just call and ask.