Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nubie here and confused...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Nubie here and confused...
    Hello everyone,

Im trying to unlock a 2g iphone to work with T mobile, i have hooked it to computer and tried to use ziphone and itunes, but when it comes to the part to click the restore button i hold shift then click restore and try to click on 1.1.4 it has an error.. i have no clue what else to do, any ideas would be gretly appreicated

Thanks, scott

Scott,

The guys on here are very clever but they will need an error message to go on to provide some help.

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh ok,

I just tried it again it said

The iphone "iphone" could not be restored an unknown error occurred (20)
    Thats exatcly what popped up.

Tried it manually by holding power and sleep button same time and that stuff... it started the restore then a code (1601) came up. Im lost.. haha
    Last edited by scotts2G; 2008-09-21 at 09:08 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

upgrade to the latest firmware and quickpwn it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok Thanks ill try that now

I dont think im looking in right area you have a link to download??
    Sorry im new at the iphone thing
    Last edited by scotts2G; 2008-09-21 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Here is Quickpwn. quickpwn21-1.zip

and the bootloaders bootloaders.zip

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok its sitting at the part where it asks yo if the phone is powered up and i typed (y) BC it showing a blue screen and a pinapple. Ands it been sitting there saying "waiting on phone to power up for over 10 mins is this normal?

Thanks

shut the phone off and follow the guide.....it should say hold down home button for 5 second, and then hold down the power button while still holding the home button for about 10 sec., and then let go of the power button and keep holding home button and intill it start the jailbreak processes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I restarted the program again and it still stopped at the "waiting for phone to power up" i turned phone off and back on a couple of times, when it does come back on it just shows the pinapple and it wont do anything else... any thoughts?

I just went through the prosess of holding power for so many sec.. then the home button without releasing the power,then releasing power only button. it said done 100% but the screen with the pinapple is still up and it wont do anything

When the pinapple and blue screen stay on continuously does that mean its only jailbroken and not unlocked??

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    shut the phone off and follow the guide.....it should say hold down home button for 5 second, and then hold down the power button while still holding the home button for about 10 sec., and then let go of the power button and keep holding home button and intill it start the jailbreak processes.
    I followed the guide it ended up at the screen with pineapple and has been on for 6 hrs or so.. any ideas? it wont even turn off
    Last edited by scotts2G; 2008-09-22 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

What version of iTunes or you using bro.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Man iv been looking on itunes to see what version cant seem to find it...
    I downloaded it over the weekend and it said lattest version...Not sure exact man sorry

To find out what version of pretty much any windows program your using, click help, then about Itunes... or about(Program Name). It should give ya a little splash screen. Also, when pwning/unlocking you phone, in order to upload the custom firmware make sure your in DFU mode and not restore mode. In restore mode you can't upload custom files. You'll know what mode your in when ya plug it in and gives ya the pop up box with the caution message. Took me a while to figure that out, all i had to do was read it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool man thanks for the info, i wouldnt have figured it out either for a while. I havent hardly messed with an iphone before this so we'll see how this all turns out

its also asking for the bootloader files what exactly are those?
    Last edited by scotts2G; 2008-09-23 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the bootloader files are bl-39.bin and bl-46.bin i think. Theres alot of places to download them, i think theyre here on this site, dont remember where i got mine. Google them if ya find em here and just download them to your desktop, the program will find them there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel359 View Post
    the bootloader files are bl-39.bin and bl-46.bin i think. Theres alot of places to download them, i think theyre here on this site, dont remember where i got mine. Google them if ya find em here and just download them to your desktop, the program will find them there.

Zwayne posted a link to the bootloader files in this very thread at post number 7.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah thanks everyone! i got it unlocked and working for now. Noe i need to get internet on my plan to be able to do more things on it