Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I get the turbo sim to work?!

Red face How do I get the turbo sim to work?!
    So, I got an iPhone 3g very recently. I also got a turbo sim in the mail to use the phone with t-mobile. I then updated it to 2.1 software. Then today I jailbroke it with winpwn, thinking it would let me use my t-mobile sim and turbo sim with ease.

I placed it into my phone, and the normal thing that is supposed to happen, did happen, it took a couple of minutes then t-mobile flashed into the top left...

I was soo excite,d then I looked back at my phone and it went back to the 4 dashed lines. Then would flash to No Sim. Then that would go away and would go back to the four dashed lines. Then t-mobile would flash and then it would have normal bars, then the bars would dissapear but it would still say t-mobile. Then t-mobile would dissapear and would go back to the 4 dashed lines.

This process just continued over and over until i took the sim out or turned off the phone.

So now I am desperate, what am I doing wrong? What can i do to fix it? I am so close to being able to use it with t-mobile, yet SO FAR!!

thanks in advanced!

Try the Gevey-3G version of turbo sim. I has been good to me.

Which one are you using btw?
    Motorola V70, A630,
    T-Mobile (HTC) SDA, Dash, Wing
    Apple iPhone 2G, 3G
    Favorite: Samsung A117

This is the website i got it from..

Unlock iPhone 3G Turbo Sim Card Any GSM No need to cut - eBay (item 250293458141 end time Sep-16-08 16:14:49 PDT)

I don't know hwat to do, i need any kind of advice right nwo please

yeah try gevey3g, it was good for me until i upgraded to 2.1
    try reseting your iphone without the sim card in it and then putting it in when you're done

dont like to use turbo sim that much

same thing is happening to me, i just receive my card yesterday, and when i turn the phone on, it says Tm.... but with the five bars, and after two minutes it loses signal and then its says NO SIM. I have to turn off the iphone in order to make it work for another two minutes! in those two minutes i try to send messages and it didn't work. My iphone 3G is firmware 2.1, and is not jailbraked. If someone knows how to fix this plz tell us, im tired of freaking ATT

i bought my sim adaptor here
    Unlock iPhone 3G Turbo Sim Card Any GSM No need to cut - eBay (item 280265749310 end time Sep-17-08 23:28:00 PDT)

I have same problem with 2.1 firmware. It work after disable 3G.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

look dude
    first disable 3G and data roaming
    second turn off ur phone
    third put the turbo +tmobile sim
    finally open ur fone