Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "different sim detected" error after Quickpwn to 2.1 and unlock at 2.0.2

I went from 2.2.1 I jail broke and unlocked using quick pwn.

It works fine with an att sim I put in a tmobile sim and it gave me a "diffrent sim detected sync to Itunes"

THE CRAZY PART IS with the Tmobile sim its full bars and says tmobile next to the bars. I can also recieve calls and make emergency calls only..
    What's going on please help.

Iphone first generation 8GB, Is having this problem:-(

I need much help this is the second phone i've tried to do this on. I follow all the steps and it still doesn't work. now when i open up the lockdown file it shows that it hasn't deleted the old lockdown files and i keep getting this error so what should i do??? please email me [email protected] is there a certain way to disconnect from WINSCP?? i'm very frustrated!! thanks in advanced

2g iphone
    4gb
    unlocked through quickpwn
    jailbroken
    using windows vista
    pissed off
    openSSH
    Bootneuter unlock on

Dear,
    any one ,I have this problem I did try all the way as Not2stop show, but I not hope my Iphone 3G firmware 2.1 (5F136) baseband 02.11.07. I download Bootneuter v2.1 from cydia but when open it show "please wait determing current seting and hang it for longtime and it reboot not thing change, but I still invalid sim, How do i solve this problem.
    Thank

Quote Originally Posted by vi3tsi06 View Post
    I need much help this is the second phone i've tried to do this on. I follow all the steps and it still doesn't work. now when i open up the lockdown file it shows that it hasn't deleted the old lockdown files and i keep getting this error so what should i do??? please email me [email protected] is there a certain way to disconnect from WINSCP?? i'm very frustrated!! thanks in advanced

2g iphone
    4gb
    unlocked through quickpwn
    jailbroken
    using windows vista
    pissed off
    openSSH
    Bootneuter unlock on
    helpppp

Quote Originally Posted by Iphoneluv! View Post
    I went from 2.2.1 I jail broke and unlocked using quick pwn.

It works fine with an att sim I put in a tmobile sim and it gave me a "diffrent sim detected sync to Itunes"

THE CRAZY PART IS with the Tmobile sim its full bars and says tmobile next to the bars. I can also recieve calls and make emergency calls only..
    What's going on please help.

Iphone first generation 8GB, Is having this problem:-(
    x2
    Last edited by vi3tsi06; 2009-02-19 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Anyone???? Help us?

????? please email me or something someone!! is there a certain way to exit out of winscp is that why i doesn't save?? i go to extract the new lockdown delete the old drag the new to the desktop give me some error about extraction and the fact that it doesn't support file extension so i ignore or skip or ok i forget and then i move and drag into the winscp and then after that i just check the permissions and it's 0644 and press F10 to quit hold power button to turn off and turn back on with sim inside. do i press and hold power and home to reboot or just power cycle it so many questions please!!! help!!

FYI I ran into the same problem all the others were running into, where I would follow all these instructions but still get a "Different SIM Detected".

I had to check the box in WinSCP when modifying the CHMOD to 0644, I had to check the box that says "Set group, owner and permissions recursively"

After 3 times doing it your way and on the 4th time I noticed that the permissions doesn't carry over to all files in the directory. After this I restarted and my phone is now unlocked and works with the different sim. I've attached a screenshot of what the checkbox looks like.

Edit : Thanks to Peaking and everyone else who helped me with this!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1.jpg  

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Calamier For This Useful Post:

GADeputy (2009-03-21)

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just did the Lockdown files replacement on my old 8gb 2G with 2.2.1 firmware and it worked great. No more "Different SIM Detected" error.

Here are the exact procedures that I used.

1. SSH into your iPhone using WinSCP.

2. Navigate to /private/var/root/Library/ and copy Lockdown folder to your computer (for backup just in case).

3. Delete the Lockdown folder from your iPhone.

4. Upload the patched Lockdown folder and files to your iPhone to replace the Lockdown folder and files you just deleted.

5. Set the file permissions to 0644 for the Lockdown folder and all files in the folder (recursively).

6. Reboot iPhone.

Thanks to everyone involved in this thread. It's people like you that make MMI great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Boker's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GADeputy View Post
    I just did the Lockdown files replacement on my old 8gb 2G with 2.2.1 firmware and it worked great. No more "Different SIM Detected" error.

Here are the exact procedures that I used.

1. SSH into your iPhone using WinSCP.

2. Navigate to /private/var/root/Library/ and copy Lockdown folder to your computer (for backup just in case).

3. Delete the Lockdown folder from your iPhone.

4. Upload the patched Lockdown folder and files to your iPhone to replace the Lockdown folder and files you just deleted.

5. Set the file permissions to 0644 for the Lockdown folder and all files in the folder (recursively).

6. Reboot iPhone.

Thanks to everyone involved in this thread. It's people like you that make MMI great.
    yes this works. and my computer will not recognize my iphone no more afre doing the lock down thing.?

-fixed-
    Last edited by Boker; 2009-03-22 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is dave thanks for the post ! your way worked right away for me . I had trouble doing it the other way . Your a life saver thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345