Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "different sim detected" error after Quickpwn to 2.1 and unlock at 2.0.2

wow this has turned into quite an epic thread!

cubd and morris1902 thanks for the input...at least now we have a few ways of fixing the problem it seems...great work

OK so after a whole day of playing about with my 1.1.1 2g iphone i managed to lose everything then suddenly upgrade to 2.1 and find myself with a few problems...

This site is absolutely amazing

The last problem I had was getting my T-Mobile sim to work and this little guide worked a treat once I realised what I did wrong the first time, always make sure you copy the folder correctly or it will just ask for a new restore,
    thanks so much, works a treat, anyone having problems just keep trying, certainly worth it in the end, especially seeing as app store gives you itunes remote that works so damn well....THANK YOU!!!

1.1.4 not 1.1.1
    Last edited by nathanhogan316; 2008-10-11 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For everyone who cant get this process to work, do this. Navigate to the folder specified on your iphone via winscp. Then, delete the "Lockdown" folder. Next create a new directory in WinSCP, do not simply copy the folder from the Lockdown folder you downloaded from rapidshare. After you have the new folder (directory) created in that Library folder, simply drag and drop the files from the Lockdown folder you downloaded from rapidshare to the new directory you created in WinSCP. Hope that makes sense. It worked for me!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I got this to work perfectly. I am not an expert by any means with the iPhone and I managed to have it work. I agree with ta84. Make sure you're not loading the Lockdown folder from the .Zip.. Make sure you have unzipped it. After I jailbroke my phone with winpwn I used the bootneuter 2.1 from Cydia to flash and unlock. It gave me the wrong sim message when I tried another sim. I then went through the process step by step listed in previous posts. I installed the other sim again and in worked.

Thanks for the process to unlock everyone!

Default Peaking or some one please Help!!
    I have unlocked my iphone with firmware 2.0.2 but it gives me the "different sim detected please connect to itunes error"
    I have read the forum and have some questions.
    1.How do I upgrade to 2.1?
    2. How do i find my iPhone's IP address, it wont let me go past the "different sim detected" screen How can i go to setting->wi-fi screen and find the ip address, so i can SSH and copy lockdown folder.

Any hepl please.

First I want to say thank you.!

I had some of the problems must of you guys had, I read every single post here, and I think the only step that was missing from the list is... BootNeuter

BootNeuter after you have installed it, as suggested by another poster, this app will apear on one of your pages, you have to open BootNeuter and set Neuter to ON and Unlock to ON...

I have to run, so just read instructions carefully... I will comeback later and give more info if needed, but the answer to me was BootNeuter..

T-Mobile Sim working.

Thank you

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I never really needed to unlock my iPhone but thought I might as well.
    It went perfectly fine and I'm on 2.1

This is only for 2G iPhone, NOT 3G(just saying)

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

had this problem about 1 month ago before i registered and used the instructions in the first post worked like a charm... modmyi.com is now my new favorite website

i signed on to this forum just to thank you for this

THANK YOU MUCH

ok i messed up again, i tried to delete all content from the iphone but for some odd reason, it got messed up again and i had to restore it back to 2.1 orignal

well now i tried to use quickpwn with it and it wont work, when i get to where ur supposed to hold the home button, it does work, it doesnt go on to the other steps, only says "wait while your phone connects in recovery mode" but it has conncected in recovery mode

could i get some help?

i tried to connect it in dfu mode to restore with custom firmware but that dont work either, itunes doesnt recoganize the phone in dfu mode for some reason, this is really pissing me off

ok i messed up again, i tried to delete all content from the iphone but for some odd reason, it got messed up again and i had to restore it back to 2.1 orignal

well now i tried to use quickpwn with it and it wont work, when i get to where ur supposed to hold the home button, it does work, it doesnt go on to the other steps, only says "wait while your phone connects in recovery mode" but it has conncected in recovery mode

could i get some help?

i tried to connect it in dfu mode to restore with custom firmware but that dont work either, itunes doesnt recoganize the phone in dfu mode for some reason, this is really pissing me off

Quote Originally Posted by Cubd View Post
    Like many people here, I have an iPhone 2G that I was trying to Jailbreak and UNLOCK. I tried all of the methods listed in this thread but was always coming up with the "emergency call" screen when I put in a sim other than my activated AT&T one that I use with my iPhone 3G. I finally succeeded yesterday, here is how I finally UNLOCKED my old iPhone 2G:

First, try to unlock and jailbreak using QuickPwn. Make sure you use the unlock option and give it the appropriate BootLoader files. If this hasn't UNLOCKED your phone, then do the following:

• Plug the phone into the computer and turn it off.
    • Remove any SIM card that is in the phone.
    • Put the phone in DFU mode.
    • Shift-Click on Restore in iTunes and restore it to the WinPwn custom 2.1 firmware for iPhone 2G (link)
    • After your device is jailbroken, it will boot up and give you an error about not having a SIM card inserted, just click OK.
    • Use Cydia to install BootNeuter
    • Run BootNeuter. It will do some stuff on its own, just make sure that the "Unlock" is set to "On"
    • Exit out of BootNeuter and turn off the phone
    • Put in your SIM card (I tested my friend's T-Mobile SIM) and turn on the phone
    • With any luck, your phone will boot up and be unlocked and jailbroken and be on the service of your choice!
    when i connect in dfu, itunes gives me error 1066 when i try to install the custom firmware u posted
    Last edited by jadi929; 2008-11-04 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Not2Stop View Post
    Hey Guys... Glad to tell after a lot strugle i made the phone to work with different SIM cards.

Steps followed:

1. Use QUICKPWN 2.1 procedure to Jailbreak and Unlock.
    QuickPwn (Windows) Guide

2. Now you need to remove the previous activation, for that you need to follow the below procedures.

2.1 Install OpenSSH in you iphone using Cydia (search for OpenSSH)
    2.2 Install WinSCP for Windows (WinSCP :: Download)

3. Use WinSCP to connect to iPhone
    Windows Guide To Using WinSCP With iPhone

4. Follow the below steps:

4.1 Download patched lockdownd file from here
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

4.2 Navigate to to /private/var/root/Library/ and copy lockdown folder to your desktop (for backup just in case - this you need to do)

4.3 Delete that folder from phone

4.4 Unzip downloaded patched file and upload to phone to replace the folder you just deleted

4.5 Naviagte into patched folder and make sure file pemissions are set to 644 for all files (follow the procedure in Step 3 above)

4.6 Reboot phone

~~~~ YOU ARE GOOD TO GO ~~~~

Lemme know if you have any issues.

Note: Don't disturb other files other than Lockdown.

Thanks a ton i have been watching these forums for at least 2 years but have never joined up...didnt have an iphone i got oen today for 80 bucks and so i thought WOOT my time to unlock one lol between some one else's guild using quickpwn and your help i was able to get through the probs have using my t-mobile sim card.

Thanks a ton i am excited to finaly be apart of these forums lol

p.s. i pre ordered my G1 and got it on the 20th of oct and have been loving it these two phones are super awesome and fun

nevermind guys, i found out i had to remove itunes, and every thing related to it, reinstall it, and now mines jailbroken again, now i got do the "lockdown process"

Hi all!

Does anyone know if the "lockdown process" will work on a jailbroken Gevey 3g iPhone?

Thanks

i guess correct me if i am wrong but there's 3 process of this unlock baseband, unlock sim, activate phone
    u miss one of the step.
    restore phone with 2.1 f and using itune 8(take sim out, creat less problem)
    after finish turn off itune
    then quickpwn it with 2.1(don't use older)
    then do everything it say on their and follow instruction
    leave quickpwn on until your phone is fully boot up and in your home screen then
    sync with itune without or with sim, don't matter, my 2g phone got problem so i don't sync with itune with sim in it, but i'm 3g now. so i sync with sim all the time no problem.

don't really mess with lockdown. thats old stuff, i guess i just lazy, i use what work fast, quickpwn 2.1 is simple easy, i do average 8 iphone unlock a week. never have problem, i just hate ppl screw up their baseband, so i have to downgrade stuff to fix it. but trust me quickpwn 2.1 work great, just follow direction.
    Last edited by rx7turbo287; 2008-11-09 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey i had the same problem and this worked for me put your iphone into dfu mode and make sure you have installed the itunes
    7.5 and hook up your iphone and download the 1.1.1 ipsw restore and itunes will tell you to restore it hold the shift key while you click the restore button then browse to the 1.1.1 firmware ipsw and restore it after that use ziphone 3.0 to unlock,Jailbreak and activate it when that is done check to see if it works with her sim card if so download i tunes 8.0 and the 2.0.1 ipsw and put the iphone in restore mode connect to computer
    and hold shift while you click restore and browse to the 2.0.1 ipsw and update it use the latest quickpwn to jailbreak,unlock and activate it put in the sim card see if it works if it does download the 2.1 ipsw and put phone in restore connect to itunes and hold shift while you click restore browse to the 2.1 ipsw install it without being connected to the internet and then use quickpwn to jailbreak unlock and activate it and it should work let me know if this helps

Hey Guys... Glad to tell after a lot strugle i made the phone to work with different SIM cards.

Steps followed:

QuickPwn (Windows) Guide

2. Now you need to remove the previous activation, for that you need to follow the below procedures.

4.2 Navigate to to /private/var/root/Library/ and copy lockdown folder to your desktop (for backup just in case - this you need to do)

4.4 Unzip downloaded patched file and upload to phone to replace the folder you just deleted

4.5 Naviagte into patched folder and make sure file pemissions are set to 644 for all files (follow the procedure in Step 3 above)

4.6 Reboot phone

~~~~ YOU ARE GOOD TO GO ~~~~.
    Hello,

I'm very new to this stuff so if anyone doesn't mind please help!

Note- I am using DiskAid to transfer files between my Mac and iPhone.

I Start from Step 4.1 on my Mac, and download the patch lockdown file from the link that's provided, on to my desktop. I get it as a Folder called 'Lockdown' containing 3 files with the extensions .plist (1 file) & .pem (2 files).

Then i Jump to Step 4.4- where they ask you to unzip it, and I kind of get lost!!

But I follow Step 4.5 anyway and transfer the file to my phone and reboot. It obviously dosent work.

Can any1 please fill in the Blank's!!

Thanks
    Last edited by bish4n; 2008-11-14 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks for the info I was troubled for weeks trying to get itunes to work.

hmm, i don't really understand why recently i come across everyone having problem with sim error.

this is what i do for all my client phone

(25min)my computer are slow
    remove sim
    use itune 8 update 2.1 firm(using the one apple download)
    after it is done, when itune start to count down, press ok, then click close itune
    wait till iphone boot up(it's going to give u emergency mode, dont worry leave it alone)
    turn on quickpwn 2.1(2.1 only)(do not put sim in)
    start clicking away (follow instruction)
    after it's done, just leave the window open your phone will start doing stuff on it's own, it'll flash bootloader(2g) and for 3g u won't have unlock option. so don't worry
    whatever it does, leave it alone.
    then after it's done. it'll reboot again, then u are in the home screen
    this is the part where u gonna decide to use ssh. if u want to use ssh then do not sync with itune at all
    turn on cydia, do all the update. after it is done, install openssh in cydia
    after it is done. then install bosspref from cydia, diable apple app killswitch
    also click fix permisson folder.(this two is optional)
    then reboot your phone,
    then insert your sim
    turn on your itune then let it sync, restore back up

this is for windows instruction, i don't know about mac.

Default Update to 2.1 or 2.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7turbo287 View Post
    hmm, i don't really understand why recently i come across everyone having problem with sim error.

this is what i do for all my client phone

(25min)my computer are slow
    remove sim
    use itune 8 update 2.1 firm(using the one apple download)
    after it is done, when itune start to count down, press ok, then click close itune
    wait till iphone boot up(it's going to give u emergency mode, dont worry leave it alone)
    turn on quickpwn 2.1(2.1 only)(do not put sim in)
    start clicking away (follow instruction)
    after it's done, just leave the window open your phone will start doing stuff on it's own, it'll flash bootloader(2g) and for 3g u won't have unlock option. so don't worry
    whatever it does, leave it alone.
    then after it's done. it'll reboot again, then u are in the home screen
    this is the part where u gonna decide to use ssh. if u want to use ssh then do not sync with itune at all
    turn on cydia, do all the update. after it is done, install openssh in cydia
    after it is done. then install bosspref from cydia, diable apple app killswitch
    also click fix permisson folder.(this two is optional)
    then reboot your phone,
    then insert your sim
    turn on your itune then let it sync, restore back up

this is for windows instruction, i don't know about mac.
    When you say update 2.1 firm, do you mean update to 2.1 or update 2.1 to 2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by malofx View Post
    First I want to say thank you.!

I had some of the problems must of you guys had, I read every single post here, and I think the only step that was missing from the list is... BootNeuter

BootNeuter after you have installed it, as suggested by another poster, this app will apear on one of your pages, you have to open BootNeuter and set Neuter to ON and Unlock to ON...

I have to run, so just read instructions carefully... I will comeback later and give more info if needed, but the answer to me was BootNeuter..

T-Mobile Sim working.

Thank you
    Hi. When I jailbroke my phone (though it is not working like most here) it showed a step where it actually did this for me...do I need to go in and try it again?

Steps followed:

QuickPwn (Windows) Guide

4.6 Reboot phone

~~~~ YOU ARE GOOD TO GO ~~~~

Lemme know if you have any issues.

Note: Don't disturb other files other than Lockdown.
    I tried all of the steps just as you have them listed here (after hours of research to figure out what in the world you were talking about...haha) and it didn't work. I am only assuming that the patch doesn't work for v2.2. Do I need a patch for 2.2? Where can it be located?

THANKS!
    Last edited by mrsmarycandice; 2008-12-03 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

pm me and i will explain

Yes, I am on 2.2 and went through the whole thing, until it is giving the the "Different Simm message, please connect to itunes". I replaced the 3 lockdown files inside the iPhone (Maybe they were for 2.1?????) and still the same thing. I have shut the phone off and turned it back on but still the same messages come up. Any insights to to 2.2 firmware on a 1st Gen 8Gb iPhone??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast