Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "different sim detected" error after Quickpwn to 2.1 and unlock at 2.0.2

Hey gambit
    I'm sorry to hear bout your problem. I'm no iPhone wizz by a long shot. I just got really lucky with this fix. If you phone is getting that connect to iTunes logo I would suggest getting it into DFU mode first then restore (note DFU mode is not the screen you're @ right now but a black screen). Again google is your friend with this. Once you have restored with custom FW and unlocked with original sim you should be able to access phone. If you then switch sim over to t mobile or whatever your using that's not an "official sim" and you get this "different sim detected" error install openssh via cydia, ssh into your phone and follow the posted directions. By following the posts it's obvious that this method has worked fir evrybody that's done it correctly. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by peaking View Post
    Hey gambit
    I'm sorry to hear bout your problem. I'm no iPhone wizz by a long shot. I just got really lucky with this fix. If you phone is getting that connect to iTunes logo I would suggest getting it into DFU mode first then restore (note DFU mode is not the screen you're @ right now but a black screen). Again google is your friend with this. Once you have restored with custom FW and unlocked with original sim you should be able to access phone. If you then switch sim over to t mobile or whatever your using that's not an "official sim" and you get this "different sim detected" error install openssh via cydia, ssh into your phone and follow the posted directions. By following the posts it's obvious that this method has worked fir evrybody that's done it correctly. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the reply. I have no clue how to get into DFU mode but i'll google it and try to figure it out once I get home. Hopefully I can get it with original apple firmware so I can run the process again and hopefully it will work. I followed all the directions but after I rebooted by phone, it was on that screen. So will work on it tonight hopefully and keep you updated later on. Thanks again for the reply.

Ok I got into DFU and restored the iphone via itunes completely to factory settings and firmware 2.1. Than I used quickpwn with firmware 2.1 and bootloaders files (3.9 and 4.6) and installed that on the phone and worked fine but when I switched the sim, I got the error different sim detected (then I changed the sim back to the att sim and continued the following steps). Then I went into cydia and installed openssh and downloaded the lockdown file Peaking posted. I download winscp and used it to connect to the iphone (settings: my iphone IP, username root, password alpine, scp). Found the lockdown folder under directory /private/var/root/Library/ and deleted that folder. Then I copied the lockdown folder into the directory /private/var/root/Library (the one I downloaded from Rapidshare) and X'd out of winscp. Left my usb cable connected and rebooted iphone (held down home and sleep/wake button together until the apple logo came on then released both buttons. When I turned my phone back on, I'm back to the screen that has the ubs and itunes logo! Can someone tell me what the heck I did wrong?

hey mate,
    you have done everything correct...im sorry i have no answers..maybe someone else can help at this point...theres been lots views of this post im sure somebody somewhere must have a solution
    pk

Thanks peaking. I followed the same steps that others used and it worked for them but dunno why its not working for me... maybe i should try firmware 2.0? Anyone else have any ideas why my phone is not unlocking?

im having the same problem just wont work for me :-( i have tried my phone and my friends and not any luck. can any one help?
    Last edited by poolshark49; 2008-09-27 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit80 View Post
    Thanks peaking. I followed the same steps that others used and it worked for them but dunno why its not working for me... maybe i should try firmware 2.0? Anyone else have any ideas why my phone is not unlocking?
    Are you sure you are running a proper version of QuickPWN.

I downloaded the official one via Bit Torrent, as I wondered if I had a Rogue version....

Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosephus View Post
    Are you sure you are running a proper version of QuickPWN.

I downloaded the official one via Bit Torrent, as I wondered if I had a Rogue version....

Just an idea.
    The one I downloaded was from bit torrent as well so I think it was the right one.

does anyone know how to translate unlocking my iphone so it works with my tmobile account in "dummy" terms? i'm completely confused, and dont know what i'm doing. any thing would help!

@poolshark...just checked the rapidshare link its still good....i have an idea though...could somebody that has not used this method of activation but has a perfectly running unlocked and JB iphone 2g, SSH into their phone...navigate to the lockdown folder (which ive specified in the first post)...copy that folder to their desktp and post it to a file hosting site then post it here?? Im clutching at straws here but it may help...

@jmcelwee24...dood there are about a 1 million posts online about how to do this and most of them are about as hard as a how to send an email tutorial.....its a very simple procedure these days....GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND....this post is for a particular problem that some users have had while unlocking their phones....in the time it took u to register here and post your question u could have easily found the answer.....google google google....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to peaking For This Useful Post:

poolshark49 (2008-09-28)

thanks. but yea i did ssh into the phone and just made it worse so i ran quickpwn again then just restored using the custom 2.02 fw in order to work, hopefully iphone dev can fix this or something but thanks anyways

To the Original Poster.

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

Default little confused
    when i explore unziped file on my desktop there is a lockdown folder with 3 files inside but when i unzip lockdown folder to my desktop that 3 files desapear from lockdown folder, is that normal? someone there is zilion tutorials on line how to replace this file ,link to one of this sites would be nice

YYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GREATEST APP EVER YESSSSSS YESSSS YESSS YESS
    i am an aim addict and now i can make it run in background. YESS

For those of you that it worked for did you copy all of the files from the zip folder or just the lockdown folder? There was an extra "Lockdown" file outside of the folder when I opened it, so when the instructions say "copy the file" does that mean fodler and file or just the folder with 3 files in there.....

Still getting the same "Different SIm card Detected when I put the Tmobile Sim in there...When I put the deactivated Att SIM in there though I am able to access the phone.....

Also, it looks like there are a few files that are different (cant remember the exact names now) between the "original" lockdown folder and the new one listed in this thread....

Also, do we need to re jailbreak\unlock the phone via quickpwn after we do the above method?

my problem is after updating my iphone from itunes for 2.1.it is not opening and ans is sim is locked and is not supported for india.plz help
    Hey Guys,
    im having trouble with my phone after the latest update to the 2.1 FW.
    I have always been using the Pwnage tool to JB/unlock my phone since the 2.0 upgrade.

After trying to update to 2.1 using Pwnage i was getting a "error 2001" in itunes 8. The phone was jailbroken/unlockd before this with 2.0.2. At this point i decided to just use quickpwn OS X as my phone was already unlocked from 2.0.2. This worked fine.

Problem is now when i put my Aussie sim card in its giving me "different sim detected" error and telling me to connect to itunes. Im getting a signal in the signal bar at top and am assuming i would be able to receive calls etc but cant get past that activation screen.

When i put the original sim in im able to access the phone. I put Bootneuter on the phone via cydia with original sim installed just to try unlock just in case somethings wrong here but bootneuter tells me "nothing to do-your choices already match current setting, so theres no need to flash".

So im stuck at the "different sim detected" screen with an ulocked JB phone. Ive been looking all over the net for a solution and have noticed a couple of people with the same problem and no answers. Anyone with same problem and more importantly anybody with any solutions?

HELP!!

UPDATE: i forgot to add this is a 2G phone that was recently replaced and activated by Apple...i took it home and JB/unlocked it at 2.0.1 but had never used my Aussie sim card to test if the unlock worked at that point as i was using the ATT here in the States. Ive been reading that i may need a patched lockdown file but that was in some earlier posts for FW 1.x.x

OK heres the solution that just worked for me:

download patched lockdownd file from here
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

SSH into phone using cyberduck/WinSCP

navigate to to /private/var/root/Library/ and copy lockdown folder to your desktop (for backup just in case

delete that folder from phone

unzip downloaded patched file and upload to phone to replace the folder you just deleted

naviagte into patched folder and make sure file pemissions are set to 644 for all files

reboot phone...

that worked for me!!!!

Default Having the same prob
    I managed to unlock FW 2.1 yesterday and was working until I tried to install Summerboard and then it locked. I've been trying to unlock it but to no avail. It keeps saying that it need to activate. Help!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Like many people here, I have an iPhone 2G that I was trying to Jailbreak and UNLOCK. I tried all of the methods listed in this thread but was always coming up with the "emergency call" screen when I put in a sim other than my activated AT&T one that I use with my iPhone 3G. I finally succeeded yesterday, here is how I finally UNLOCKED my old iPhone 2G:

First, try to unlock and jailbreak using QuickPwn. Make sure you use the unlock option and give it the appropriate BootLoader files. If this hasn't UNLOCKED your phone, then do the following:

• Plug the phone into the computer and turn it off.
    • Remove any SIM card that is in the phone.
    • Put the phone in DFU mode.
    • Shift-Click on Restore in iTunes and restore it to the WinPwn custom 2.1 firmware for iPhone 2G (link)
    • After your device is jailbroken, it will boot up and give you an error about not having a SIM card inserted, just click OK.
    • Use Cydia to install BootNeuter
    • Run BootNeuter. It will do some stuff on its own, just make sure that the "Unlock" is set to "On"
    • Exit out of BootNeuter and turn off the phone
    • Put in your SIM card (I tested my friend's T-Mobile SIM) and turn on the phone
    • With any luck, your phone will boot up and be unlocked and jailbroken and be on the service of your choice!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubd For This Useful Post:

peaking (2008-10-11), vrodman0633 (2009-04-20)

I also had the "Different Sim Detected" error, after unlocking and jailbreaking my 2G 2.0.2 iphone with Quickpwn 2.1

I did everything Peaking said:
    "Download patched lockdownd file from here
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

SSH into phone using cyberduck/WinSCP

navigate to to /private/var/root/Library/ and copy lockdown folder to your desktop (for backup just in case

delete that folder from phone

unzip downloaded patched file and upload to phone to replace the folder you just deleted

naviagte into patched folder and make sure file pemissions are set to 644 for all files

reboot phone..."

and still the "Different Sim" error, connect to itunes screen on my iphone.

So what I did was to again, put the iphone in DFU mode, removed all sim cards from the iphone and restored it with iTunes using the same 2.0.2 firmware. Next, since I had already unlocked my iphone I just jailbreaked it again using Quickpwn 2.1 when done put in my t-mobile sim card and that was it, no more errors.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to morris1902 For This Useful Post:

peaking (2008-10-11)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast