Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sim Unlock...Sort of

Default Sim Unlock...Sort of
    I purchased a 3G off of Craigs list brand new activated at the store. I have been sucessful using an unlock sim to work with my TMobile account. It synced perfectly. Unfortunatly, it kept dying on me after a few hours.

So I purchsed two other brand of sims including the slick packaged i-smartphone but they both give me the same problem. They work great for phone reception and web but when I try to sync with iTunes I get "sim not supported"

if i pop out the sim it syncs perfectly but shows the phone number of the first sim which was an ATT pay as you go sim.

So anyone else have this problem or know whats going on? When you guys say your sims work, is that including syncing and the new version of both itunes and iphone updates?

Default Sim unlock
    I had tried i-smart sim, it's only working for 3 days,

Now I am using universal sim -V550. It working great. Never lost a signal, call out - ok
    call in - ok
    sms in and out - ok

Iphone 3g - 8G

What about sync error? Thats my BIG problem, iTunes says the sim is not supported.

Quote Originally Posted by kjonyou View Post
    What about sync error? Thats my BIG problem, iTunes says the sim is not supported.
    You will have to restore your iphone with a activated custom firmware, that's it...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yah i was gonna say, you need to be "activated" so you stop getting that sim error.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

I guess I am a total newbie here, but when I first synced the phone I though I activated it with a Pay as you Go ATT Sim. So isnt it activated? When I use that sim, sync is totaly fine, when I pull it out and try any other sim with an adapter it says sim not valid Sim? Am I still not activate? Newb again, if so how can I just activate? I though that stuff was not out yet.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

u need to "hactivate" so it never looks for a sim at all. jus pwn it. activating with a legit sim then swapping sims doesn't work when trying to use it unlocked. u need it jailbroken/activated

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Useful answer!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    u need to "hactivate" so it never looks for a sim at all. jus pwn it. activating with a legit sim then swapping sims doesn't work when trying to use it unlocked. u need it jailbroken/activated
    Thank you for that useful answer.

I know you cant just swap SIMS, but are you saying I still have to PWN to use an UNLOCK SIM?