Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone is messed up need help PLEASE!

Unhappy iPhone is messed up need help PLEASE!
    So I had gotten my 1.0.2 otb iPhone replaced recently because the vibrate button broke. They had given me I THINK a 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 otb iphone.

So I had unlocked and jailbroken the phone to work with Tmobile. I have a macbook pro, running 10.5.4 and I have itunes 7.5.

I had first used ZiPhone and it had worked BUT a few days later apps would crash, email wouldn't work... blah blah. So i restored and had SOME difficulty (errors like 1604/1611...) BUT i fixed it myself.

SECOND TIME IT HAPPENED, i was MERELY charging my phone when i noticed it had restarted on its own and it ended up in RECOVERY mode. I couldn't kick it out of recovery mode so I had to restore it. This time I had a bit more difficulty knocking it out of the errors.

NOW, after reading a crap load of tutorials, how-tos and watching hours of you tube videos i'm actually stumped. i also triend pwnage and NOW i'm stuck with the UGLY pineapple and old guy logos.

AT SOME POINT, also, the phone was in a kernel panic, random white text and BSD errors were afflicting the screen.

Some guy helped me out and got the phone out of the white text stuff and now its stuck in recovery mode and displays the pwnage custom logos. i've tried everything from DFU mode, downgrading to 1.1.2,3,1.... and upgrading to 2.0, 2.0.1 and NOT A THING HAS WORKED. i end up getting errors like 1604, 1611 and sometimes in dfu mode 2001. On a pc I'll get error 6 or error 1.

i'm completely LOST. i'm on the verge of putting my iphone in the microwave for a few seconds and bringing in my FRIEND iphone into apple and playing dumb in order to get it replaced.

ANY HELP PLEASE!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Please watch your title.
    Edited.

ok...do this...google for itunes 7.5...uninstall whatever itunes you have on the computer completely...now install itunes 7.5...next up is google for fw 1.1.4 and download that. Plug in your phone...hold down shift and restore...prompt windown will let you go choose the 1.1.4 fw.

After you have done so...update your itunes to itunes 8..plug in your phone, it will tell you that there is an updated 2.1fw..you can go ahead and do the update.

All of these are just factory fws...just to get your phone going. Once youre done with the latest fw 2.1..you now can go ahead with the jailbreaking process of fw 2.1.

Be patient..it will work out.

I can't get it to restore it 1.1.4 i've downloaded various copies of 7.5 AND the firmware and still no luck.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

what is the current fw on the phone right now?

I had it on 1.1.4 before it freeeaaaaked out.