Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g iphone downgrade to v1.1.4

Default 2g iphone downgrade to v1.1.4
    Hi Chaps....

I have restored to the latest firmware (using itunes) by mistake..

I have tried to downgrade it to v2.2.0 (as advised on another forum) and then got stuck as winpwn keeps coming up with "an error has ocured and winpwn needs to close" or something like that..

I have also tried to restore through pressing shift in itunes and browsing for the custom fimware but that throws an error up...

Anyone had this problem or does anyone know how to fix this??

Any help please as I have a dead iphone doing nothing..

Oh and by the way... I am looking to unlock it and jailbreak it.

Please help and thanks in advance...

ASH

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

am having the same problems and nothing working am almost at the piont of giving and selling my iphone on ebay and get something else becuz nothin working winpwn.... all the versions and itunes and all of there version and am so lost..... so plsss somebody help us!!!!!!!!

am having the same problems and nothing working am almost at the piont of giving up and selling my iphone on ebay and get something else becuz nothin working winpwn.... all the versions and itunes and all of there version and am so lost..... so plsss somebody help us!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by bountyman334; 2008-09-20 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well...

I managed to downgrade mine back to 1.1.4 and unlock it (don't know how..)

What version is on yours mate??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its 2.0 and i can only uprade higher and higher but i cant never go down and i tried everything and am expert at this so can u tell me what u did or post a vid

Default iphone 2g unlock problem
    I am a iphone newbie.

I just bought a 2g iphone from craigslist. The guy said he had it JB and unlocked for Tmobile. He restore to factory settings when he sold it to me.

I bought a ATT prepaid phone/card and figured I would test area I am in with the iphone. (currently locked into Verizon)

I jailbroke and unlocked it with multiple programs and various firmwares. All give me the same problem. I put the new SIM card in the phone and it shows "No Service". I do get service on the cheap phone they gave me with the SIM card.

Firmwares tried
    3.1.2; 3.1.3

Programs (which all seemed to work, no errors.
    Blackra1n, Winpwn, redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, Spirit, and Jailbreakme.com.

I am like an expert after restoring and re-jailbreaking.

Any ideas would be helpfull.
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Try this : How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X

It worked every times with 2G.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by r2iphone View Post
    I am a iphone newbie.

I just bought a 2g iphone from craigslist. The guy said he had it JB and unlocked for Tmobile. He restore to factory settings when he sold it to me.

I bought a ATT prepaid phone/card and figured I would test area I am in with the iphone. (currently locked into Verizon)

I jailbroke and unlocked it with multiple programs and various firmwares. All give me the same problem. I put the new SIM card in the phone and it shows "No Service". I do get service on the cheap phone they gave me with the SIM card.

Firmwares tried
    3.1.2; 3.1.3

Programs (which all seemed to work, no errors.
    Blackra1n, Winpwn, redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, Spirit, and Jailbreakme.com.

I am like an expert after restoring and re-jailbreaking.

Any ideas would be helpfull.
    Thanks
    Make sure bootneuter is installed properly. If it is and it's still not working, go to Cydia and then navigate to manage>sources>edit>add

Enter "cydia.pushfix.info" and install the hacktivation patch. That might fix it.