Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Desprately Needed, Please Help

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Help Desprately Needed, Please Help
    Hello, I just got my iPhone yesterday and I needed to unlock it so it can work with T-Mobile, but I have now run into a major problem. Heres basically what went down.

1. I plugged in my iPhone and then proceded to use QuickPWN and everything seemed to go fine and everything installed properly, but when I went to put my SIM card in, it said it was not valid with the phone or whatever.

2. So then I plugged in my iPhone and it was detected by iTunes (and it bitched about how I needed a compatable SIM card from ATT for it to work, so i took it out and just did it that way, then I upgraded it to 2.1. This was not a good idea I realize this now.

3. I then started looking around and it seems to me that the most affective and simplest way to unlock/jailbreak the phone was to downgrade the firmware, so I downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware and tried to use iTunes to downgrade it (didn't work).

4. Now I have a big *** problem. I tried using ZiPhone to unlock my iphone, and now its stuck in the "Plug into iTunes" screen and I cant get out of it! I NEED to figure out how to downgrade the firmware and get out of the iTunes screen as well. Please can anyone help me out?

Is your iPhone 2G or 3G version? Restore it by DFU mode. Search the forum for more details. Good luck.
    iPhone 2G 8gb - version 1.1.4 unlocked/jailbreak (iLiberty+)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 2.1 unlocked (Universal Sim V550) / jailbreak (QuickPwn)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 3.0 unlocked (Ultrasn0w) / jailbreak (Redsn0w)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    its a 2G, and im now stuck with a blank screen with the tunes logo with the cable and arrow, and i cant get out of it. im starting to freak out now.

Hold the sleep and home button until it turns off. Then let go of the sleep button while still holding down home. It will ask to plug in iTunes and then restore the phone. Make sure
    it's in DFU mode when you unlock it or it won't work.