Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: *WARNING* about iPhoneunlockuk.com!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation *WARNING* about iPhoneunlockuk.com!
    Hi everyone!

I just want to say upfront before I begin my review of iphoneunlockuk.com, that I felt very compelled to create an account on this site just so I could warn everyone out there about what they would be getting themselves into. If you are even thinking about giving this company your money, I would STRONGLY suggest that you re-evaluate that decision before going through with it. I will be posting this ‘review’ on every site I can find that is related to the iPhone and unlocking/jailbreaking it so that others can be warned! I’m aware that there are some posts ‘here and there’ on various sites about this company already, however I felt that I needed to give a more in-depth review of them (for my sake and for everyone else’s).

I decided to get an iPhone back in January of this year as I just couldn’t pass the phone up, however I wanted to stay with my current carrier (to hell with paying AT&T’s inflated prices and not even getting half of what I get with my current carrier). I knew that I would have to get the phone unlocked if I wanted to use it with my carrier. Let’s admit it, the amount of ‘unlocking sites’ that are on the internet are overwhelming! I don’t know about you guys but speaking for myself (and my family), we have been quite intimidated by all of it and what site to trust (free or pay). If only there was ONE site that everyone could go to, I think it would make a lot of people feel much more at ease with unlocking/jailbreaking the iPhone WITHOUT giving over your hard earned cash! However there really isn’t and unless you want to spend your time searching and digging all over the place and possibly screwing up your phone in my opinion, I felt that the only choice for me (and now the rest of my family) was to pay to get the job done!

After spending months and God knows how many problems trying to find the correct files and instructions on unlocking my iPhone and having nothing but complete failure I decided to give this company (iPhoneunlockuk.com) a try! Their site seemed very legit and friendly and since they said they “stand behind what they offer” and they had a customer service/technical support line number I dove right in!

Now I have to be honest here…my first ‘dealings’ with this company were very pleasant! They responded to E-Mails very promptly and I even had to get assistance by telephone to get my iPhone unlocked & jailbroken. At the time I had Vonage so international calls were free for me so it wasn’t a problem. SINCE that time my husband has also gotten an iPhone and so has our daughter and they both have subscribed to the site (paying the fee to have lifetime unlocks/jailbreaks along with customer service/tech support by E-Mail or phone. I have to say this much…iPhoneunlockuk.com has done a complete ‘360’ on us and from what I’ve heard…MANY other customers as well!

This company is no longer the “friendly company” they claim to be. They no longer “respond to E-mails” or “answer the phone as they claim to do.” Before my Husband and daughter purchased services from iPhoneunlockuk.com, they tried for months to get technical questions answered BEFORE ‘buying an account’ from them. 95% of the time they were unsuccessful at doing so. E-Mails were never returned (both my husband and daughter have COUNTLESS E-Mails in their sent boxes that have been waiting for response for weeks & months now), their phone was never answered and I have yet to see their so called “live support chat” online EVER! It seems it always states it’s “offline” and to “leave a message!” Well we DO “leave a message” but the idiots over at iPhoneunlockuk.com for some reason refuse to reply to them! I once got a very nasty reply by someone over there who informed me that I was “impatient”! “Impatient”??? Waiting THREE WEEKS to get a reply to my E-Mail and then complaining about it is being “IMPATIENT” I ask? Are you kidding me???

They also seem to fail to live up to their promises on what they say they are going to deliver. For example, since iPhone 2.1 was released, they have had a message up on their site stating that “a Windows tool would be delivered to the site by today (Monday September 15, 2008) so that people, who updated their iPhones OS to 2.1, would be able to get Cydia and Installer back onto their phone. Well as I write this it’s now 9:35PM my time and its well into the early morning hours of the 16th (UK time) and there is no “windows tool” posted to the site! This is one of the MANY examples of the promises that this company makes but then they ALWAYS fail to deliver in the end. I also have a pretty good hunch that all the ‘reviews’ you see on the site are probably for the most part, fabricated (made up) just so they can make themselves look good in black and white!

All three of our phones are unlocked by their software, yes that is true. But let me tell you something, you are basically ON YOUR OWN! You pay them for the same software you can get for free (I know were so dumb lol) and then you get ignored by them on top of all of that…even AFTER YOU HAVE PAID!!! So now the three of us sit with fully unlocked/updated iPhones running 2.1 however we are not jailbroken! After Googling we discovered there is a process in which to jailbreak the 2.1 OS however it’s quite a lengthy process and again, we just don’t feel comfortable doing it. So I guess we sit and wait for the “1 click” process they promise to deliver to reinstall Cydia & Installer back onto our phones…whenever that may be is anyone’s guess folks!

So I’ll end this by saying two things…

#1. If you want to played like a violin, hand over your money to these people and then not get the support that is promised be my guest…hey we did it!

#2. If anyone here can give us easy instructions on how to get Cydia & Installer back onto our phones, we would so greatly appreciate it!

Regards…

P.S. Oh and for the people who keep asking on whether or not “Jody” is a man or a woman…he is a man (although not a very HONEST one)!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mi55nosey For This Useful Post:

akimoa (2010-03-13), brent91055 (2008-09-17)

Default I've had the pleasure of dealing with them...
    They never answered the questions I sent. I finally sent a message stating that they were ripping me off and I was going to call my credit card company and revoke the charge. I finally got a response telling me that it is rude to talk to people like that. Hell, after several emails, you would get irate too, especially since they said they could unlock firmware 2.0 and after you pay, it goes to a page that states an unlock is coming soon. An unlock is coming soon...then what the hell did I pay for...a copy of pawnage, that's what!!!

Avoid all advertisements stating that they can software unlock, it's nothing more than a scam.

Default I have to disagree...
    I'm sorry but i've been with iPhoneUnlockUK ever since 1.1.2 was released, and have recently purchased an iPhone 3G... I have never had a problem with the customer service that they provided... There were a couple of times I made mistakes while upgrading softwares, contacted the company, and they ALWAYS replied within 30 minutes! There were times I even asked them for information about their products, or advice, never did I have a problem with them not answering. I can perfectly understand why they have to charge clients for their service, I mean, they have an office, with employees! Work isn't free...
    And they provide a quick and easy way for unlocking your phone, with a guarantee that you can't go wrong. I joined their service when a free unlock damaged my phone, and I thought there was no hope in fixing it. iPhoneUnlockUK solved that problem for me in minutes, and I have been a loyal customer ever since!

You guys dont look around, clearly if there was software devs would have already used it.

That is your fault for being careless and not thinking. And ^You how do we know you dont work for you have one post count.

Wow Tokyo...your a day late and a dollar short. Your replying to a post created in September, over two months ago.

Clearly, it didn't work nor is it going to work. They are scammers...there's your update!

I agree entirely.

These guys are very misleading.

Impressive website. Not so impressive on delivery.

Like one of the other guys said. Search on Google

Default are y an employee....or him
    Quote Originally Posted by amnayamani View Post
    I'm sorry but i've been with iPhoneUnlockUK ever since 1.1.2 was released, and have recently purchased an iPhone 3G... I have never had a problem with the customer service that they provided... There were a couple of times I made mistakes while upgrading softwares, contacted the company, and they ALWAYS replied within 30 minutes! There were times I even asked them for information about their products, or advice, never did I have a problem with them not answering. I can perfectly understand why they have to charge clients for their service, I mean, they have an office, with employees! Work isn't free...
    And they provide a quick and easy way for unlocking your phone, with a guarantee that you can't go wrong. I joined their service when a free unlock damaged my phone, and I thought there was no hope in fixing it. iPhoneUnlockUK solved that problem for me in minutes, and I have been a loyal customer ever since!

Does anyone know the bloke behing iphoneunlockuk....his real name will be nice and any other details, i know he uses a womans name, probably hs no balls either LOL

email it to me at waynemilt141@hotmail.com

im going to sue him for fraud, if you want in just email me too.

Default I phone 4
    I got my I phone 4 from US apple store 3days ago, it's blocked and I went through the net to find someone unlock my I phone, I found many companies but finally I choose unlockiphoneuk I sent them e mail and they replied saying they are ready for this mission after that I purchased the app from them, once I got the account I went to check but I found amsg says Apple will release a new firmware to lock all I phone 4 again and that's going to be after a week or more, so it's better to wait till they do the lock and we will send you the download link to unlock your I phone 4 !

I paid and am still waiting

Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

All they are doing is selling you a repackaged app of the program that the dev team makes and distrubutes for free. Ask for a refund.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did the same thing, ended up with their pre-packaged DEV pack, waste of money and I'm glad I didn't have more charges against my account for that transaction. Nothing but scammers and we first timers got into it with them darn it. I should have known better.

Not good news, but thanks for the heads up, Just purchased their solution Mon 12th 07/10, ran their test prog, got Base 05.13.04, IS04 Iboot 6.4 Model MC132 Jailbreak ?, un-lockable NO. When there add clearly states unlocks all versions of all Iphones, does anyone know if this ver can be unlocked & what do I need to do ? pleaee

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If the solution isnt free, its a scam. Simple as that. Sorry for all you people who lost money on it.

@whoever had the iPhone 4, there is no official unlock released for it yet. It is seen to be able to be unlocked, but it isnt publicly released. This means the company does not have a solution for you either until the free unlock is publicly released. Then they will just sell you what you can get for free after the public unlock is released. Get your money back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayinuk View Post
    Not good news, but thanks for the heads up, Just purchased their solution Mon 12th 07/10, ran their test prog, got Base 05.13.04, IS04 Iboot 6.4 Model MC132 Jailbreak ?, un-lockable NO. When there add clearly states unlocks all versions of all Iphones, does anyone know if this ver can be unlocked & what do I need to do ? pleaee
    F0recast from ih8sn0w wouldve given you all the info for free. You just wasted your money.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-07-16 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Refund
    Finally got a refund by Paypal.

These people are real scammers

Ok so I am still waiting for my unlock software from iphoneunlockuk (yeah dumb mistake got it) but I tried redsnow and I keep gettting the unable to recognize IPSW I tried several versions of redsnow, I tried snow breeze and got and error 1604 when trying to restore with itunes, I am not opposed to doing it myself but I keep hitting road blocks!! I accidentally upgraded my 3Gs to 4.0.1 (again dumb mistake) and now I cant use it and there is no unlock so I traded my daughter for her phone which is a 3G 4.0 I checked iclarified, ih8snow, no help I have no idea what I am doing wrong any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi

I also had bad experience with nochex..here some story of mine and until now I am still fighting to get refund through nochex..this is the company who process the credit card payment of this iphoneunlockuk.com, but until now this nochex is also fails to help me, they should terminate their business with this website, if not thats means they support scam.

below is my story to nochex related with my complain to get refund

Hi recently I bought software product from

http://www.iphoneunlockuk.com/

for unlocked my iphone. and when I was making payment I see it processed through this nochex system.

after I paid..I found that the software did not work..furthermore the worse thing is..the software he offered to us in frequently ask question is really different in feature and appearance.

in addition, that software not original which this website developed..but actually it exactly same with free software called redsn0w which developed by iphone development team you can search in google about this software its really famous which unfortunately I also had tried it and did not work..

the important thing is this website sold what they claimed they software-developed, but in fact this is other's software.

I want my money back...and I already sent that iphoneunlockuk.com but no response at all. now I go to you to have solution.

furthermore, right after I make complaints this website closed my account in their website without any prior notification to me..how rude they are.

so for you who want to unlock your phone don't go to this website, they are scam..

I too have been ripped off by iphoneunlockuk, i just wanted a fast unlock solution but ended up blowing over thirty quid on nothing- NADA -Ziltch! my software link is 'still being sent' over three weeks later -My advice? do it yourself if you can or do it through Apple

I was also stupid enough to get my desperation get the best of me and bought a quick fix for my 3GS 4.0, and that was almost a week ago. Everytime I cuss out their support, its always the same. "Your unlock is now in queue and will be available this weekend sorry for the delay but we have to personalize each unlock in order to prevent theft of our software". And then I realized that the next jailbreak is rumored to come out this weekend. Coincidence? Now I'm cussing out their support for a refund.

Despite reading around I decided to give it a go and I got my iphone unlocked and a great support. How do you call it luck? i don't think so. Dark_isle, I was impatient too but on Sunday they sent me the whole software and I am now happily out of Vodafone's network!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mabeler View Post
    Despite reading around I decided to give it a go and I got my iphone unlocked and a great support. How do you call it luck? i don't think so. Dark_isle, I was impatient too but on Sunday they sent me the whole software and I am now happily out of Vodafone's network!
    you do know the official and FREE jailbreak and unlock for 3GS and iP4 is out right? This company just sent you the same sh*t and charged you for it that's why you got it recently and not WHEN YOU PAID FOR IT. you couldve gotten it for free but instead you paid and now you think you're happy cuz of this company. You need to stop being so naive.

Quote Originally Posted by mabeler View Post
    No they didn't. All they "sent" me was a link to jailbreakme.com. May they all burn in the nine hells, and you as well. Get out of my sight you shill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast