Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone not working/downgrading

Default iPhone not working/downgrading
    I'm new to the whole jailbreaking, downgrading and whatnot for the iPhone... So this is what has happened.

I have no idea when the iPhone was purchased and what firmware it was purchased as.

I installed iTune 8 (had my iPhone USB linked onto my laptop) and I guess it updated my iPhone with it... Now it's stuck at a screen with a usb pointed with an arrow to an iTunes logo (Emergency call slide at the bottom). On iTunes it says my SIM card cannot be read.. or is invalid.

I have tried downgrading and all I get is an error and nothing happens. I don't know which firmware the iPhone is at atm, and was wondering if anyone knew a fix to this.

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

the best thing for you to do at the moment is to use either pwnage for mac or winpwn for pc to jailbreak and unlock your phone. pwnage has been updated to work with the itunes 8 and firmware 2.1 but not winpwn, so i'm not sure what you should do if you only have a pc, but if you do have a mac, look up instructions/manual here on how to jailbreak/unlock your phone using pwnage