Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Going from 1.1.4 to 2.1 help

iPhone? More like MyPhone Farrizx's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Going from 1.1.4 to 2.1 help
    Hello, i have a 1.1.4 unlocked and jailbroken iPhone(1st Gen) with the older pwnage. I want to upgrade to 2.1 as the new pwange tool came out, and 2.1 looks pretty cool. So now before i use pwnage would i have to relock my phone first, then restore. Or could i just go straight from were i am now and use the new pwnage? Thanks who ever can help

Its always best to "clean" the phone before doing an upgrade/jailbreak etc., IMO. Less chance of problems.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Farrizx (2008-09-13)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Farrizx's Avatar
    Thanks

so by clean do u mean just a restore?

You should be able to just create a custom restore ipsw with the pwnage tool 2.1 and then restore through itunes 8 by doing a option click on restore and select your new custom restore ipsw.

Default so everyone is sure there are no problems with iTunes 8
    so everyone is sure NOW there are NO problems with iTunes 8
    and pwnage tool 2.1???

I am going from 1.1.4 to 2.1 fw
    2g phone
    prev hack with ziphone

I can't decide if I should do this via itunes 7.7
    or 8 via pwnagetool 2.1

anyone...anyone

you have to do this using itunes 8. Just pray that you dont have any problems with the Shift-Restore trick. It wasnt working for me at first, and I kept on getting error 6, 20 etc when restoring the phone by replacing the Itunes stock firmware with the cfw.

After trying lots of things, failing at them all, I gave itunes 8 one last shot, and Shift Restore finally let me select the firmware location. I selected the cfw, and it was flashed just fine. Still working great, no problems at all.

Default got some advice for 1.1.4 users
    Pwnage tool 2.1 and iTunes ?? is it safe now? - Hackint0sh

Originally Posted by rynow
    so your saying DL iTunes 8

do a restore to 2.1 via iTunes (wich will relock, deactivate, and unjailbreak)

Then run pwnage tool 2.1 process to create custom ispw

then DFU at the end
    and restore with custom.

That's it?

R

That's the way I do it because I just like to start with a fresh clean install before pwning.

You could also upgrade from 1.1.4 but you will end up locked to activation screen what ever you do because you are updating from 1.1.4 - 04.04.05 baseband to 2.x - 04.05.04 baseband.

You can restore directly with the CFW.

Hi, I have a 2nd generation iPhone 8GB which is 1.1.4. And i want to upgrade the version to 2.1. Can anyone help me please. Can anyone tell me how to do this properly without locking the phone. Thanks