Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: *** SIM always get stuck and it will damage the hardware :S :S

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default *** SIM always get stuck and it will damage the hardware :S :S
    hi there
    *** SIM will damage the hardware when it stuck and it will cancel my warranty if the phone went with it
    any other idea ?
    i heared about double face
    need videos plz

Which SIM adapter are you using?

Thanks

i am still afraid to use one because i heared that all get stuck
    i wanna know does the brand matter ?

There is always a possibility your simcard will get stuck if you're using a simcard adapter. I've read some tips here on how to avoid in getting it stuck. Try to buy a simcard adapter that is very thin like Universal sim or the "no-cut" sim I saw on eBay. Use nail file to trim your simcard. I used a small tape to put them together.

Now, let me remind you that these are some of the tips I've gathered here in this forum. It's up to you if you want to take the risk. As for me, I took the risk because I wanted to use my iPhone 3G badly. I was only using it as iPod at first. I'm glad now I took the risk. The only thing I'm afraid to do now is upgrade to 2.1.

Good luck!
    Last edited by luvmyfone; 2008-09-19 at 04:24 AM.
    iPhone 2G 8gb - version 1.1.4 unlocked/jailbreak (iLiberty+)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 2.1 unlocked (Universal Sim V550) / jailbreak (QuickPwn)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 3.0 unlocked (Ultrasn0w) / jailbreak (Redsn0w)

Thanks

thanks alot for help so small tape will help
    actually um still afraid to open it its still sealed
    but i'm bored so i considered to take the risk

be careful! dont ever force it in! NO means NO! I will not advocate the raping of an iPhone!! ;-) but seriously, if it wont go in easy, its a sign that it aint coming out easy either. So never force the sim and sim adapter in there... make sure it will fit, may require a little time and trial and error.. but take a nail file, and run your sim card against it(the side opposite of the sim chip of course) to thin it out, it helps alot! Also look for new versions, alot of these companies are making version 2 or 3 of their product which makes it even thinner.

Whichever adapter you decide to use, they usually have a customer fourm, check that and see what other people have done, or even just google the name of the company and you will find other message fourms with information you need. Do your research, and take your time... you dont want a 3G brick!

And when taping the two together if thats what you plan to do, be careful and do your research on that too, thats where I screwed up my first adapter... I just taped the bottom of the two together, and somehow after I put it in the phone, the pressure from the tape at the bottom of the sim made the the top of the sim and adapter pull from eachother, which got the sim tray stuck in the phone, I worked with it for hours and ended up just ripping it out from frustration... luckily I didnt damage the phone, but the sim adapter was torn to shreds, and the sim tray is half busted, but still works.. so take it from me, patience goes a long way

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

on my 1st gen phone it was always hard to get it in but I never had a hard time getting it out. Just use a little tape and all should be fine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Perfect advice reznor9.

i got my Universal Sim today in the UK from [email protected]. These guys are great. Paid yesterday by paypal and received it today! Everything works as promised...except I haven't been able to test 3G & Internet as yet due to poor reception in the countryside.

I did as you did and applied a bit of tape at the bottom...went in no hassle...went to pull it out but the chip on the Sim unlocker got stuck and had to take the phone screen out to get it (2 screws by the speakers and a stanley knife..yikes!! ). Finally got everything out without damaging anything, but I decided to use thin salletape to effectively make 1 simcard out of the original and the unlocker (ensuring that the 'chip' was also covered by tape, so it couldn't rare its ugly head again and get caught whilst trying to remove the sim).

This works a treat as I can now remove my simtray with everything in it, without causing any damage, but it is still an awkward job as the sim tray doesn't just pop out as it should with just a standard sim in it. Instead it is slowly eased to protrude just above the top of the phone's casing, allowing me to pinch/grab it then gently pull it out.

I'm pleased with this for a temporary solution, but am looking forward to the software unlock if it ever graces the web.

Final verdict? Not for the feint of heart, but well worth to be able to use your 3G iPhone as intended...NOW..as opposed to....who knows when the software unlock will come?