Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to add cydia on iphone 3g 2.1? help

Default how to add cydia on iphone 3g 2.1? help
    hello i have the iphone 3g 2.1 unlocked and i updated and i cant find cydia.
    Can you please help me to add cydia on iphone 3g 2.1

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but if you have not been able to figure it out, I wouldn't currently try it. It is more complicated than any other pwning method. I would give it a few days for the dev team to give rise to the new pwnage tool.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Hi I have iphone 3g helps me for dawnllod cydia

ok, i must miss something, did u jailbreak it??, if u do what did u use? may be u check off the install cydia option? use quickpwn 2.1 simple and easy.

Thanks

So what's the difference between quickpwn and winpwn? I'm getting ready to jailbreak my 3g 16gig White 2.1

Can somebody please explain in detail, thanks!

Thanks

if you have 2.1 firmware you will need Quickpwn since Winpwn does not work with 2.1. If you have a mac you can use pwnage which is like winpwn for windows systems.

Programs like pwnage and winpwn compile a custom firmware which you then restore to the iPhone with iTunes. Quickpwn is a GUI program that "does it all".

One thing to keep in mind, to use quickpwn, the iPhone must have been previously been "pwned" with pwnage or winpwn. If your iphone has never been pwned if you have a mac just use pwnage but if you have a windows pc you will need to download a custom firmware made with pwnage and use iTunes. If

don't mean a disrespectful way. but i done many virgin iphone. after a restore from itune, i go straight using quickpwn 2.1 and it work perfect without being pwned before. but one thing i don't like its i can't do custom boot screen. but also i use pc, i have not use a mac to do iphone so i could be wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rx7turbo287 View Post
    don't mean a disrespectful way. but i done many virgin iphone. after a restore from itune, i go straight using quickpwn 2.1 and it work perfect without being pwned before. but one thing i don't like its i can't do custom boot screen. but also i use pc, i have not use a mac to do iphone so i could be wrong.
    I remember from earlier versions of Quickpwn that the iphone needed to be pwned first with Pwnage or Winpwn. When I had a 2 G replaced it had 2.02 on it and I did pwn first before I upgraded to 2.1 as a precaution.
    As far as your boot logos, I have done all my modding on Windows so far as I just got my first Mac the other day. You can install Logo Me from Cydia. You will need to upload a png file to a hosting site like photobucket. LogoMe will download the png and apply it to your phone without needing to restore or pwn. Ive used it on 2 different phones so far and it works great.