Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocking

Unhappy unlocking
    ok I know this has been asked 5 billion times but I am lost and need help. I have a iphone with 2.0.2 version on it. I am trying to unlock to be able to use my t-mobile sim card. I tried ziphone didnt work. I tried quickpwn said it worked but after all the loading the iphone says Different sim card detected please connect to I-tunes so i did and they say the sim card isnt compatible. So i went to t-mobile and got a new sim card since mine was really old tried everthing again same result. Please anybody can you help me?

Thanks

Is this an old iPhone or a 3G? If its 3G you will not be able to unlock it for use on T-mobile, although it can be jailbroken. If its an old Iphone (aka 2G or 1st generation) you can read through this thread:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...x-windows.html

Thanks

Also ZiPhone is awful, don't use it, 3G your out of luck, 2G pwnage tool is my preference over quickpwn.

Default unlock
    do you have the link for the 2G pwnage tool ??
    thanks
    Tony

do you have the link for the 2G pwnage tool ??
    thanks
    Tony

nevermind i just relized that pwnage is for mac
    Last edited by tambrosia; 2008-09-09 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default boot neuter: "different SIM detected, please connecto to itunes..."
    ok. so ive done this twice or three times, and i cant get it right. i am working on an old iphone, not the 3G. i assume the previous version i had was 2.0.1, and after my last jailbreak, i now have 2.0(...something).

i have an at & t sim, and also a sim from mexico, which is the one i want to use. but when i put in the at & t sim, everything is ok, and my baseband has been changed, according to the cynthia boot neuter program.

when i put in my other sim card, this message will appear: different sim detected. please connect to itunes.

how do i make it work!?!?
    someone please help me