Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wierd problem?

Thanks

Default wierd problem?
    I recently encountered probably the hardest iPhone problem yet that I just can't figure out. My friend brought me a 2g iPhone updated to 2.0.2 virgined. I did my thing, unlocked, jbroke and activated through pwnage tool 2.0.3.1.

Tmobile sign showed up and a few bars with it. I made a call to 611 which was successful and I sent him on his way. 15mns later I got a call from him saying he had no service. I asked him to do a hard reset holding power/home for 15secs. He said it came back but barely one bar showed up.

Since then I've tried every single firmware from 2.0 and up. Nothing works! We've since tried a AT&T sim, nothing. Also a AT&T 3g sim, also nothing.

I've never seen this before. If someone has please tell me what I can do. My other friend wants to buy it from this friend but doesn't want an expensive iPod.

Also, another side not. When I pwn the phone and unlock it with a tmobile simcard in it, thAt's the only sim that will read tmobile with the barely 1 bar, occassionally catching 2 or 3. Once you put ANY other sim in it it says no sim!

Thanks for reading...

anyone?

I've heard of no service all the time but not reading tmobile most of the time with 0-1 baRs.
    Last edited by sp00nfedem1; 2008-09-05 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I advise you to restore back to 2.0.2 factory and pop the AT&T SIM in to test. If you get strong signal then you'll know it's an unlocked baseband issue... if you get weak/no signal you'll know it's a faulty phone. The only other suggestion I would throw out as a last resort is to downgrade back to 1.1.4, ERASE the baseband completely, then restore back to 2.0.2 which will write a fresh 4.05.04 baseband Good luck.

Thanks

yea I did a restore with the att sim, no good.

I just now downgraded to 1.1.4, erased baseband via ziphone, fresh restore, back to 2.0 still saying no service! What the hell can this be? Ive never actually seen the phone work but do you think its something Ive done by pwning/unlocking/jb-ing it or is this the way the kid more than likely sold me this phone?

Has anyone heard of such an issue? Also is there a way to use a different baseband all together?

And IF this is a faulty phone, how can I fix it seeing that i dont have a legit iphone contract?

someone help ive tried just about everything!
    Last edited by sp00nfedem1; 2008-09-05 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sounds faulty to me. What i would do is try downgrading the bootloader to 3.9 rewiping everything then, then try pwning. If not you got a hardware issue, and then you'd have to take it to Apple with a AT&T iPhone number.

Thanks

anyone know about how much att charges for something like this if he doesnt have a att contract? or is there someone who fixes this baseband issue?

weve tried everything it seems. were at 1.1.2 now all the way from 2.0.2 and it still says no service. ive erased the baseband 3 times and used kiphone to downgrade and neither worked.