Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore on unlocked 113

Default Restore on unlocked 113
    Hi, unlocked using geohot's method via http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=649

If i do a full restore to 113 - will I need to unlock again ?

Am wondering as I know it's a hack which gets the baseband down to 112 version ?

How does the restore process in itunes determine this ?

Thanks

I would also like to know the answer to this,

+ if i did as restore back to 1.1.2 after unlocking will the phone work under 1.1.2 since the base band has been dropped to the 1.1.2 version??

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

After doing a restore you do not need to unlock again.

When you restore down to 1.1.2 your baseband will still be the 1.1.3 baseband unless you downgrade that manually, so again you will not have to unlock unless you change the baseband.

After doing a restore you do not need to unlock again.

When you restore down to 1.1.2 your baseband will still be the 1.1.3 baseband unless you downgrade that manually, so again you will not have to unlock unless you change the baseband.
    Last edited by defmute; 2008-02-20 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Doesn't the unlock drop the baseband down to the 1.1.2 version or am i thinking of something else?

the baseband can only be upgraded via itunes, never downgraded. So if you have an unlocked 1.1.3 baseband it will remain untouched at 1.1.3 unlocked unless you restore/upgrade to 1.1.4 or higher whenever those arrive.

yes but the point is that the unlock uses a 112 baseband ! iTunes is not involved in the downgrade but it is in the upgrade !

oh okay, my bad. I thought you were on a 1.1.3 unlocked restoring back to a 1.1.3, in which case your phone would remain unlocked. If you're on a 1.1.2 unlock and you 'restore' to 1.1.3 then yes, you'll have to apply the unlock all over again.

However, with ZiPhone it's a piece of cake to activate, jailbreak, and unlock iPhones. Good luck!