Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 16GB iPhone and other sims/contract

Default 16GB iPhone and other sims/contract
    Hi all

Basically im due for upgrade soon. Im currently on Vodafone but am likely to chnge back to O2...for some reasons i have been getting regular problems with reception..or it cud be the phone :S

Anyway i am gonna buy a 16GB iPhone off the Apple store UK and going to jailbreak it myself...hopefully. I am then going to get a new 12 month contract with a free phone so i can sell it off to pay for the iPhone. will that sim card that comes with the contract still allow me to use all of the usual features associated with buying an iPhone and contract at the same time? So that means YouTube, Google Maps - Locate me, Web etc etc.

Also i guess its going to come with 1.1.3 can i also unlock the phone (using Jailbreak) to all networks as i will need to use more than one sim card in it every now and again.

Please bear with me i dont know too much about all of this.

Thanks

wtf guys come on help a noob out here! 33 ppl viewed but no once cares to respond:'(
    Last edited by g33; 2008-02-20 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by g33 View Post
    Hi all

Basically im due for upgrade soon. Im currently on Vodafone but am likely to chnge back to O2...for some reasons i have been getting regular problems with reception..or it cud be the phone :S

Anyway i am gonna buy a 16GB iPhone off the Apple store UK and going to jailbreak it myself...hopefully. I am then going to get a new 12 month contract with a free phone so i can sell it off to pay for the iPhone. will that sim card that comes with the contract still allow me to use all of the usual features associated with buying an iPhone and contract at the same time? So that means YouTube, Google Maps - Locate me, Web etc etc.

Also i guess its going to come with 1.1.3 can i also unlock the phone (using Jailbreak) to all networks as i will need to use more than one sim card in it every now and again.

Please bear with me i dont know too much about all of this.

Thanks

wtf guys come on help a noob out here! 33 ppl viewed but no once cares to respond:'(
    All the features like youtube, google maps, etc. would work provided you have a data plan. You can unlock your phone with ziphone. you'll find it on ziphone.org. Just follow the instructions provided in the readme.txt which comes with ziphone. After a successful unlock, you should be able to use any simcard with your iphone.

Just follow the instructions carefully while unlocking using ziphone. specially regarding downgrading the bootloader. in my personal opinion you should not downgrade the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9. (I am assuming that you are gonna buy a brand new iphone which will come with 4.6 bootloader only.)

Hope it helps.

thanks very much for the reply if definitely is much appreciated!!! yes im gonna be getting a new 16GB iphone very soon and no doubt i am likely to be asking more questions on its arrival.

the usual content link to youtube and google locate me will be fine if i stick with Vodafone? as they have plans also allowing unlimited web access... i mean surely its not network provider specific on o2 right???

Yeah these things are not network specific, they jus need a data plan or a wifi connection to work irrespective of the network.