Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.2 unlocked --> 1.1.3 unlocked

Default 1.0.2 unlocked --> 1.1.3 unlocked
    I unlocked my iPhone when I bought it in September with v1.0.2, using anySIM. I haven't done any updates since then, so it's still on 1.0.2, very happily using my T-Mobile SIM card.

I'm excited about ZiPhone, so I'd like to know how I can use it. As far as I understand, if I upgrade my iPhone to 1.1.3 via iTunes, it won't brick, but it will set it into a pre-activated state, which would then allow me to use ZiPhone to activate/jailbreak it, and then use the newer version of AnySIM to unlock it.

Is that correct? Am I missing anything in these steps?

1. Upgrade iPhone to 1.1.3 via iTunes.
    2. Follow the guide for ZiPhone (I'm on OS X 10.5.2, btw)
    3. Profit!

[Edited to add: Oh, I changed the root password waybackwhen to something other than dottie. Should I reset the root password before I do this, or will upgrading to 1.1.3 wipe out what I'd done?]
    Last edited by poodlenose; 2008-02-19 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Added question about changed root password.

sounds all good just make sure that u dont update to 1.1.3. you need to RESTORE to 1.1.3.

then ull be all good.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mbrooksr For This Useful Post:

poodlenose (2008-02-19)

Thanks for the tip.

I haven't downloaded 1.1.3 yet. Will clicking Restore in iTunes download it for me, or do I need to download it separately?

Also, I seem to recall that I had to close iTunes/iTuneshelper.app when I did the original jailbreak/unlock. Do I need to do that again when I run ZiPhone.app?

Unhappy does anyone know?
    i downgraded my iphone from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1
    using i.unlock.no but when i was upgrading to 1.1.2 my phone displayed a message: incorrect SIM and now it's stuck there i cant jailbreak it, iTunes doesn't recognize it and i dont know what to do or if there's anything that i can do to fix it ..
    i need some help.