Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has anyone used the ANY network 3g sim unlock?

Default Has anyone used the ANY network 3g sim unlock?
    These guys are promising the world with their new sim unlock solution for 3g iphone (Home*-*Any Network - iPhone 3g unlocking) - anyone (especially those in the UK) had any success with this?

apparently no one here has any experience with that brand, but they have a moneyback guarantee if it doesnt work, which in most cases says a lot.. if look in google you can find other message fourms where a few people have used these with success.. not sure where you are from(read your post over, so I guess your from the UK) but all reports seem to be from people using it in Europe and the UK... no US reports so far that I can find... but its nice that it doesnt require your to cut your sim card.

something to note is that a lot of the successful reports come from newbies, which does bring to question if the users are legit or just advertising for the company... kind of like you... since this is your first post.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2008-09-02 at 03:33 AM.

Cheers reznor9 - yes, I am in the UK, and no Im not advertising for them at all, just getting impatient waiting for a software unlock and considering risking one of the sim unlocks instead though only willing to stick something in my 3g if I am certain that it will (i) work, and (ii) not screw it up! Hopefully we will find something soon.

Thanks

There's hundreds of sim-unlock threads already. Do we need a new one for every crappy website that springs up?
    To live, you have to lie

the iphone unlock team guarantees an unlock for the 3G phone has anyone really tried it out?

I bought the version one sim from any-network. Did get a signal with my T Mobiie UK sim but no 3g. Then the signal died totally and got a no sim errror. Broke my sim holder in the process (admittedly this was my fault as I should have been more careful). Sent an email back to them to get my money back over a week ago, no response.
    They arre now selling a V2 sim thats thinner than the v1 sim so less risk of getting stuck. I cant say if the V2 sim wil work or not as that would just be pure speculation. What I can say for sure is their moneyback guarantee is [email protected]@x!
    Oh, another thing, on their website they say that they have shifted 40.000 of their sims worldwide, so why is that my order number on my invoice was "0000023x"!!!!
    Last edited by toothpick; 2008-09-10 at 08:55 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Any-network
    Well, I bought it almost two weeks ago, i recieved it on last thursday. I didn't work from the begining at all(i have P&GO o2 sim card) then I tried with my friend sim card which is orange, i had a signal, 3g sign was displayed on the screen, but didn't work, so i tried with my sim card, it worked for 5 hours but without 3g, then the signal was gone! Another thing is that I'm trying to contact them for technical support since thursday, forget about it no chance, they are extremely busy whenever you call them, same thing with email's. To get my money back-I can forget about it! There is no way to contact them!
    SO GUYS IF YOU WANT TO LOSE 29.95 GO FOR IT!

I ordered one of the Any-network proxy sims and like all the other negative comments, they held true. The company is a waste of time, un-professional and above all the product did not work correctly or reliably. In a nutshell, I managed to get it to work on my iphone 2.2 with 2.28 baseband but without any data access (3G), like many others. The signal eventually diminished to nothing and then wouldn't come back even placing it back in another phone etc....

Anyhow, today, 2 days after I ordered my RebelSIM card it arrived and works perfectly without any issues so far, data access worked straight out the box also....very VERY pleased after having been ripped of a couple of times now.

So, I can vouch so far for the RebelSIM product, it comes boxed, packageg and looks the part which is more than can be said for Any-networks 1 or 2 man band!!!

I'm not trying to run anyone down but the Any-network product really is poor if it works at all! I'm happy to supply more information for anyone or chat to anyone that want's more info or help. I'm a relative newbie, but for Gods sake don't order an Any-network product, if you have, sack it off as lost money and time, get onto RebelSIM even with the Xmas post it arrived in 2 days!!!

If anyone wants to contact me plums @ gmail . com

Hope this saves you some time....

It's all false information with that brand!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

nerder (2008-12-22)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default SIM Unlock
    Hey just wondering if anyone else has had luck with Rebel SIM? Right now with my current sim unlocker - it only works about a day then my iphone goes to "No Service" so I have to put my tmobile SIM back into my Tmobile phone and then back into the Iphone to get service again. It isn't that difficult but I don't usually carry an extra phone around with me.

All sim proxy unlocks are full of ****! They may unlock your phone just to call nothing else. NO 3G edge etc

Default any-network
    hi, does anyone have the contact number of any-networks.com,
    got new v3 simm but getting 'No Service'.

Thanks.

I sympathise for all the victims of Any-network as I am one. They are a bunch of scammers avoid them like plague unless you wish to loose your money. After 14 days the v3 arrived but it did not work I tried all the various manoeuvres but nothing worked. Tried to contact support on several occasions but did not get through only got voice mails. Sent several email did not get a single reply. They are cheats and scammers. I tried to make a claim with paypal and had the standard reply that they are unable to make claims for “quality of the goods”. They only act if the goods are not delivered. Dont pay using paypal you are better protected if you have paid using credit card. Call the credit card company and reverse the charges. If you are in UK under the distance selling act you are entitled to a full refund if the product is defective. We all need to file complaint with the trading standards office and teach these scammers a lesson. They have closed the blog and now taken out the contact telephone number from their website. Please spread the word around and post any other websites or forum details where we can put our comments. I have ordered a rebel sim and I will keep you posted on this.

I have the rebelsim with an iphone 3g 2.28 baseband etc and apart from a issue with incoming calls when on a 3g network i cannot complain, calls working, sms working, email working, gprs, edge and 3g works for data.

I think proxy sims have a place but a software unlock is much better in my opinion.

Irfan really sorry to hear about that I came very close to ordering mine from that site and glad I didn't now... hope you have better luck with your rebelsim and if you get any problems give me a shout and I will try to help.

All the best!
    Last edited by daleski75; 2008-12-22 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default There
    There a bunch of scam artists.

Their phone number is 0844 736 1553 .

They've done me out of 32 quid.

Here's the cu*ts address aswell:

Any Network
    18 Parliament Street
    Up Holland
    WN8 0LN Wigan

Might go round on Christmas day and set fire to his tree.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have to say I have not had problems with my Any Network sim. There are good points and bad points however.....

1. It works. Latest firmware, full 3G data with Orange, Vodafone and T-Mobile. If you get "no service" on the phone, click the refresh icon next to "Carrier: Automatic" in Settings/Phone/Network. Came straight up without issue. Don't forget you will need to change the APN details on your phone.

2. It did take quite a while to show up. As I intended to give the phone as a Christmas gift this made me a little nervous, so much so that I went across the pennines to their address on Christmas eve to buy another one in person. It's actually a proper shop, although it was shut. Thankfully it was on my doormat when I got home.

3. Getting hold of them on the phone is impossible.

I feel that perhaps some documentation would have been a useful addition. The "just put it in" method doesn't always work "out of the box". There are several tricks you can use to force the phone to refresh the network settings and get it to pick the carrier up.

I, like many others, fell victim to the 2.2 firmware and decided to take the massive gamble of letting a friend (highly accomplished avionics engineer) get his grubby mits on it. He took it to pieces, removed the baseband chip and reflashed it with an unlocked 2.1 image. This is a very fiddly and time-consuming process and you can very easily destroy your phone if you make the slightest mistake as you're essentially dismantling the motherboard. However, it does now work perfectly, I simply need to use Pwnage to install any future firmware in order to prevent baseband upgrades. There are several websites which allege to provide this service, but I don't recommend it for obvious reasons.

Default It works..
    Take all these posts with a grain of salt if you are actually planning on buying one. I'm in the United States and it works flawlessly on T-Mobile with iPhone 2.2 (no i'm not stupid enough to update my iPhone to 2.2.1). I have to admit at first i would get no service after about 12 hours of use, but i ordered a new sim card from T-Mobile and it works great! The only complaint i have is that at school they have something to turn off cell phones which crushes the unlock, if i don't put it in airplane mode while in school it loses the network permanently. Regaining the network is simple, just put your sim card in another unlocked phone, place a call (or use 3G to activate it, whatever..) and then place it back in your iPhone, voila it works!

Highly recommend!

I ordered one of those Any SIM's and it doesn't work. Use yellowsnow

Any Network sim had one of the first unlocks for 2.2, and I was desperate to get one, because I have "accidentally" upgraded the baseband. Now, I was kind of hesitating because it looked somwhat like a scam. So I waited for some time ( with my iPhone locked) until things cleared out a little. later I doscovered another seller which had some good reputations among my friends and I decided to buy it from them, their site is Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1

Now my iphone works again.
    This baseband upgrades are such a nuisance...
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"