Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] 1.0.2 OTB -----> 1.1.3 unlocked (windows)

Default [GUIDE] 1.0.2 OTB -----> 1.1.3 unlocked (windows)
    Hi I said I would post up a small guide as I see alot of people are asking is it possible to upgrade a 1.0.2 OTB iPhone to 1.1.3 unlocked.

Of course this is possible I did it yesterday in about 30 -45min.

Ok heres what you need to do

Run itunes and sync your iphone so you dont loose any of your information etc once upgraded.

LEAVE itunes running all the time (ziphone crashed for me because it wasnt running)

1. Download ziphone 2.3 here

a. Extract this to desktop

b. Click "Start" and go to "Run"

Vista = type run into the search bar on the start menu

c. type "cmd" into the run window and you will brought to command prompt

d. Once here type the following commands

cd desktop
    cd ziphone2.3 <------ foldername on desktop (could be cd ziphone)

Once your in the folder your ready to start

2. Reset iphone to brand new state

With iphone connected type the following

ziphone -e

Allow to run then

ziphone -D

The iphone will now be in DFU mode and ready for upgrade

3. Upgrade firmware to 1.1.3

Ok this is easy just download new firmware (in download section) and place anywhere on computer. In itunes hold down the shift key and press the restore button on the iphone page. This will bring up the file browser. Locate 1.1.3 firmware and press ok. Allow phone to upgrade. Takes a small bit of time.

(On my newer version of itunes it would not update for some unknown reason i.e kept erroring out before upgrade. If you have this problem use a different PC with an older version of itunes)

4. Once done bring up the command prompt again

a. Type the following

ziphone -u -j -a

In around 2 - 5 minutes your phone should be unlocked and ready to go

5. Download BSD subsystem in installer before trying to install anything else

Thats it everything sorted your running a fully functional 1.1.3 unlocked iphone

Just sync with itunes again to restore all your contacts, info etc

Note for extra stuff that was annoying to me (Im from Ireland)

SMS numbers were not always showing names but numbers of contacts

To fix this go ------> here
    Last edited by donnaile; 2008-02-18 at 11:30 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donnaile For This Useful Post:

djafropiq (2008-02-18), mrcoolbp (2008-06-09), tommyb04 (2008-02-18)

will you do mine for me?

Yes tommy of course
    Last edited by donnaile; 2008-02-18 at 05:46 PM.

No Problem
    Last edited by donnaile; 2008-02-18 at 05:46 PM.

your a great bit of stuff in fairness ta ya

this is fantastic.. i can't wait to use this once i get home.. thanks to you good sir..

how long should i wait after i do ziphone -e... its just stuck on working...

now i got a huge problem.. it wont respond to anything.. USBmuxListenercreate: no error.. and it freezes there..
    Last edited by djafropiq; 2008-02-19 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by djafropiq View Post
    this is fantastic.. i can't wait to use this once i get home.. thanks to you good sir..

how long should i wait after i do ziphone -e... its just stuck on working...

now i got a huge problem.. it wont respond to anything.. USBmuxListenercreate: no error.. and it freezes there..
    What version of ziphone did you use. I have unlocked a few 1.0.2 to 1.1.3 phones with version 2.3 NOT 2.4. I can send you this version if you like.

Try restoring your phone and upgrading to 1.1.3 and then running ziphone gui.
    Check unlock, jailbreak and activate and then run

Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by donnaile View Post
    What version of ziphone did you use. I have unlocked a few 1.0.2 to 1.1.3 phones with version 2.3 NOT 2.4. I can send you this version if you like.

Try restoring your phone and upgrading to 1.1.3 and then running ziphone gui.
    Check unlock, jailbreak and activate and then run

Let me know

i was using 2.4 it completely shut down on me, my itunes would not pick up my phone so i switched over to my mac and restored it to 1.1.3 first then used the mac ziphone then dl'ed bsd from installer and then ran any sim, worked like a charm after i stopped freaking out haha

I understand this is for OTB 1.0.2... but can I use the same steps listed above for my OTB 1.1.1 ? Thanks for any reply!

Thanks

I just used this method to restore my phone. I previously successfully used the Dev. team jailbreak method. My phome is a 1.0.2 -OOB - 1.1.1 (jailbroken) - 1.1.2 (jailbroken) - 1.1.3 (jailbroken). I do have a legit. ATT account with iphone plan but was attempting to unlock in preparation for an overseas trip next month. I would like the ability to use local SIM card on my trip. At anyrate, I used AnySIM since I have the 3.9 bootloader and did successfully unlock, but was unable to use EDGE. I wanted to adjust APN settings manually but like many others couldnt find the menu. my carrier.plist looks very different than the ones I saw posted here. I even tried to replace the file with the one someone uploaded as a fix, but it did not bring back edge or my edge menu. At anyrate, I digress, i decided to restore to locked and use jailbroken and use my old unlocked RAZR for the trip.

Back to my experience with ziPhone- FANTASTIC! I downloaded the Windows GUI from http://www.iphone.unlock.no

and used it right after restoring 1.1.3 in itunes. I had no problems using iTunes 7.6, but I renamed my iTunes folder and started out like I had a new phone. (after I was done, I renamed the folder back and my sync just finished) Was jailbroken in less than 3 minutes. I had used the Dev. team method on two phones and it took three tries on each phone to complete successfully (messed up both while adding apps due to taking shortcuts in the JB process).

Kudos to Zibri on this method!

I'd also like to add the following advice:

I emphasize the instructions to immediately install BSD subsystem and open SSH after the jailbreak (even before re-syncing iTunes).

Also: before doing anything else Install Boss Tool and move fonts, ringtones and applications to avoid problems later on. Reboot phone after you do this (power off and on)
    Then mod to your hearts content!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

mrcoolbp (2008-06-09)

Can I upgrade an UNLOCKED 1.0.2 to 1.1.3 with this method?

Just want to make sure and not brick my phone!

Thanks