Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore Old Iphone using Ziphone or Itunes

Default Restore Old Iphone using Ziphone or Itunes
    Hi,

I'm trying to use my old 8GB Iphone with a brand new user account on my mac. The problem is, when I restore using Ziphone 2.3 my Iphone still retains the old information including contacts, mail settings, safari bookmarks, etc. If I click on restore with Itunes it asks whether I want to download and install Firmware v1.1.3. Is there a way to begin with a fresh Iphone using Ziphone? I wish there was more documentation for the software. Any info much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Alexander

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hanguolaohu View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to use my old 8GB Iphone with a brand new user account on my mac. The problem is, when I restore using Ziphone 2.3 my Iphone still retains the old information including contacts, mail settings, safari bookmarks, etc. If I click on restore with Itunes it asks whether I want to download and install Firmware v1.1.3. Is there a way to begin with a fresh Iphone using Ziphone? I wish there was more documentation for the software. Any info much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Alexander
    You don't need to restore to clear your contacts, etc. In the 'Information' section of the iPhone sync, right at the bottom you can choose to overwrite the phone information with what is on the computer.
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned