Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Post your 3G sim adapter unlock success stories here

Default Post your 3G sim adapter unlock success stories here
    Ive been trying to read the posts on the best sim adapter but I feel like the more I read the more Im getting confused...
    I just want to hear about the sim adapters that people have found to work
    how long have they been working
    how much did it cost
    what network are you on
    ease of setup and such
    Of course if you want to give input on ones to absolutly stay away from then thats ok

please dont post unless you have actually tried one and have some input.(If you absolutly have to ask a question to someone, send them a PM or something)
    I dont want this thread cluttered by requests and questions, just straight up results from the people that have used the sim adapters. Thank you
    Im on US T-Mobile network and am looking for a good solution
    Last edited by reznor9; 2008-08-30 at 11:12 PM.

Here's a clue..if your in the United States, none of them work.

your best option would be universal sim or yessim. All the other ones might work ok or partially, the edge doesn't work in most of them or sms doesn't work, but yessim and universal sim (with latest update should work fine). That's just my personal opinion based on experience. Be aware that you might damage the sim tray, or even your iphone if you don't follow instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by brent91055 View Post
    Here's a clue..if your in the United States, none of them work.
    That's incorrect.

Some do work, but they seem to be limited to weeks before failing. Although a few newer chips claim to have the ability to update, to keep them working.

I'm using universal sim right now. Updated to v5.40. I'm in California with Tmobile. Only been using it for 24h

Signal is good. Turn off and on pick up fast!
    Driving around the city for 6 hours and didn't lose signal!
    Tzone hack work. But must turn on data roaming!
    Gps work, but must turn on 3g in setting to get exact location (the dot)
    Incoming call, out going, SMS in and out works great!
    iPhone 3g pick up Tmobile signal better than 1st gen iPhone.

I'm happy for now!
    Btw I'm on 2.0.2 pwned with jailbreak and activation! Root size set to 1000mb!

u can buy this universal sim from some of the resellers on their website! Make sure u askthem to update the sim to the latest software, or else it won't work! Those sellers are lazy as $&@$. If u want it to keep working, u have to buy a pkey updater for $30. The sim is $20
    Last edited by istorm; 2008-08-31 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can you let is know if it loses the signal at any point? These cards usually work in the beginning but stop once you move basestations
    Thanks a lot

I've tried a Turbo Sim and it doesn't work here in Massachusetts on T-Mobile.

it has been over 48hours and still work great! Like I said, I drove around the city for 6 hours and never lost signal (I delivery pizza). My house has very weak Tmobile signal. I'm not able to pick up signal in my kitchen with my old 2g iPhone. But now, I can almost have signal any place I stand in my kitchen, and able to make and receive calls!

If it lost signal, it will pick up signal again when u go to a place that has signal!

One thing I notice is that if some how I lose signal in a place I know that there is tmobile signal, I just make a call, and immediately I got signal back! Kinda weird...

Tzone hack work great with this thing. It's a big plus!

Quote Originally Posted by istorm View Post
    it has been over 48hours and still work great! Like I said, I drove around the city for 6 hours and never lost signal (I delivery pizza). My house has very weak Tmobile signal. I'm not able to pick up signal in my kitchen with my old 2g iPhone. But now, I can almost have signal any place I stand in my kitchen, and able to make and receive calls!

If it lost signal, it will pick up signal again when u go to a place that has signal!

One thing I notice is that if some how I lose signal in a place I know that there is tmobile signal, I just make a call, and immediately I got signal back! Kinda weird...

Tzone hack work great with this thing. It's a big plus!
    great news so far! Please keep us posted. I'm really anxious to purchase something to get my 3G iPhone working on tmobile. And I too use the tzones hack on my 2G so knowing it works on the 3G is great!
    Last edited by reznor9; 2008-09-02 at 01:07 AM.

update! No need to turn on 3G feature to get exact location in map!

I think the phone get better signal with 3G turn off too, even though tmobile don't have 3g, but turn it off make the phone focus more on cell signal more I think!

I think the 3g use more battery than old iPhone! Especially using gps! Battery goes FAST...

still loving it! Almost a week already! Everything is fine!

I'm using universal-sim and its working fine so far.. i'm on TMO USA and all is well... only thing i can't figure is how to sync with my itunes cause its asking me to use the proper sim? any help

yessim newest version firmware been one week works fine, edge also work with bigboss 2.0 tzone hack

keep us posted!

Default iphone 3g no network
    i unlocked iphone 3g ver. 2.02. After unlocked it has no network. how can i solv it ? Please help me.

How are you guys attaching it to the sim tray and successfully eject it?

I don't have any problem syncing. I didn't get any alert for using a proper sim or anything like that when I sync with iTunes! I'm using a custom firmware!

in order to easily put in your sim and take it out, you have to put a small piece of tape on the top and bottom to stick the 2 sims together! That way, the sim adapter won't stuck and very easy to get it out. When u take it out, pop the tray out, pull the tray gently with your finger, and shake it little bit, it should come out. DO NOT USE FORCE, or you will break it!
    Last edited by istorm; 2008-09-05 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

To Brazilian people (in portuguese):

Olá pessoal,

Tive a oportunidade de testar duas soluções de desbloqueio do iPhone 3G aqui no Brasil. Postei tudo nesses dois posts:
    . RebelSim
    . Universal-Sim

Espero ter ajudado!

Alexandre.
    Last edited by arimolo; 2008-09-05 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R View Post
    That's incorrect.

Some do work, but they seem to be limited to weeks before failing. Although a few newer chips claim to have the ability to update, to keep them working.
    Lol! if the things work for "weeks" then they may as well not work at all. No need to claim his statement is incorrect@
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

It has been a whole week, and everything still working good!

Call in-out
    SMS in-out
    Edge, Tzone
    Gps with exact pin point location

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast