Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No cut turbosim

This looks exactly the same as what I bought on www.anywhere.sim - working well so far for me (although one 1 day and I have read these can work well for first few days!)

Ignore the screenshots which imply some kind of software - simply insert device into sim tray with your sim, and you're away!
    Last edited by gavjs; 2008-08-29 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

That chip doesn't look thin enough. I had my SIM card get stuck with an adaptor (did cut it properly) and I had to remove the screen to get the SIM out... If you don't cut you're SIM is likely to get stuck inside the phone.
    Also, there#s nor eason not to cut really, it's not like you need a warranty on you SIM card or that you could damage it by cutting of an edge.

Id really be interested to hear your results with this. Can you post to the forum when you find out?

If this is the same as what I bought, see previous post, it is thin enough. First time you put it in it needs a little bit of force but seems to come in and out easy enough now.
    I have been using for 2 days and everything (calls, sms, 3g data) works great with Vodafone UK.

I received one yesterday. Worked for about 6 hours and then gave the 'No service' message. Tried everything - rebooted, switched off 3G etc

Looks like none of these work. From what I read, itll work until you need to change cellular towers and then the sim unlock will respond phone with the demo IMEI which makes the official sim lose contact with the base station. Only solution is to remove and put it in a working phone to get the correct basestation code

Ive been hearing that Universal SIM might work and indeed, it has a programmer, but there simply is no way to identify which IMEI request is the iPhone's and which is the base stations. Probably best not to waste more money on these

I just ordered one. I live in Massachusetts and will post a reply as soon as I receive it.