Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: question about ZiPhone vs dev team?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Default question about ZiPhone vs dev team?
    I have a jailbroken unlocked iphone with the development teams jailbreak and geohots, should I restore and use Ziphone? any help would be appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Honestly, there's no real difference. I did the official dev team update when it came out. My email wouldn't work at all. I tried syncing to my gmail account on my Macbook and even creating a new account, but it wouldn't receive emails. So I downgraded back to 1.1.2 and everything worked. I just used the Ziphone jailbreak and my email works again. Basically, if everything works for you with the dev team update, don't bother downgrading and using the Ziphone jailbreak.

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have now done 8 phones with ziphone and have had no issues at all (they were friends/family of course, not ALL mine) whereas I had a multitude of problems with the devteam and natetrue release. I have said many times I am not a coder, but ziphone works alot faster, which leads me to believe that there is less data changing going on, thus a more stable release, as it is closer to Apple stock release. If you don;t mind restoring and giving ziphone a try, you have nothing to lose except time, and seeing that ziphone will unlock jailbreak and activate in under 3 minutes, time won't even be something you lose much of!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings