Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For everybody who has unlocked their 4.6 BL Iphone

Default For everybody who has unlocked their 4.6 BL Iphone
    Which unlocking method do you recomend. The downgrading then install the geohot unlock application..

or the ZIphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ZIpHONE FOR SURE.. SO FAR ITS THE EASIEST METHOD.. BOTH ARE GOOD WAYS TO UNLOCK

Do you get installer with the ZIphone.

A lot of people saying you'll need to install bsdsystem..its available in installer too...but do you get installer with the ZIphone?

if not .. how

AFAIK, the ziphone technique is not 100% working, it is disabling the wifi on the phone and also, even though some phones get unlocked, still the emegerncy slider is ON always ziphone acting wierd for different phones. Geohot hack is the best back so far. Even though it takes time, its 100% permanent FIX to the iphone. So i suggest you go for it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i used ziphone and it worked perfectly, everything 100% works, wifi, youtube, calls in and out..

i recommend Ziphone...

Does installer get installed with ZIphones

Over 50 people have used the ZIphone unlock/Jailbreak and no one can say whether it comes with Installer.app

And what does the Change IMEI do? Whats it for

Over 50 people have used the ZIphone unlock/Jailbreak and no one can say whether it comes with Installer.app

Last edited by owen243; 2008-02-13 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

LOTS of people have already mentioned that ZiPhone DOES install Installer.app during the jailbreak process.

I have 1.1.3 Unlocked, Jailbroken and Activated thanks to ZiPhone, it takes approx. 5 mins, and have EVERYTHING working.

YouTube - YES!
    Google Locate - YES!!

No work arounds no extra hacks and no fixes.

ZiPhone is by far the best tool yet. Many thanks to Zibri for this but many thanks also to Geohot, and the Dev Team, whose continued efforts are MUCH apreciated, and without whom none of this would be possible.

rnk

What sim card do you need in the iphone for the ZIPhone..original 02 or the one your gonna use my case (Orange)

And i have a OTB 1.1.2. If i want 1.1.3 on it... do i update from Itunes.. then ZIphone.... or do the installer DEV Version on Installer

What sim card do you need in the iphone for the ZIPhone..original 02 or the one your gonna use my case (Orange)

And i have a OTB 1.1.2. If i want 1.1.3 on it... do i update from Itunes.. then ZIphone.... or do the installer DEV Version on Installer

I don't have an O2 sim so everything I did i did with my Orange sim in the phone.

The process:

Connect iPhone to PC/mac
    Open iTunes
    Sync everything you want to be able to backup (Not Necessary, but saves time)
    Hit Update IN ITUNES!! to 1.1.3
    iTunes will download 1.1.3 and install it on the phone
    When the phone has updated, close iTunes
    Run ZiPhoneGUI (PUT ALL THE FILES ON C:, NOT THE FOLDER, THE FILES!!)
    Click jailbreak, Activate, Unlock, as appropriate
    When asked, put phone in recovery mode (NOT DFU mode)
    Let ZiPhone complete (approx 1 min)
    VOILA!! C'est Finit!!

You should now have a fuly functioning iPhone on 1.1.3 with no need for hacks, work-arounds or fixes. Installer.app is instaled so you can add any programs that you fancy (well any that support 1.1.3 lol)

Hope this helps

Enjoy!

rnk

Ahh Thanks man that helped me SOO much

So you guys think its best if i upgrade my otb 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 then ZIPhone it? Or is there problem with 1.1.3 with Ziphone as i recounter

Quote Originally Posted by rnksols View Post
    LOTS of people have already mentioned that ZiPhone DOES install Installer.app during the jailbreak process.

I have 1.1.3 Unlocked, Jailbroken and Activated thanks to ZiPhone, it takes approx. 5 mins, and have EVERYTHING working.

YouTube - YES!
    Google Locate - YES!!

No work arounds no extra hacks and no fixes.

ZiPhone is by far the best tool yet. Many thanks to Zibri for this but many thanks also to Geohot, and the Dev Team, whose continued efforts are MUCH apreciated, and without whom none of this would be possible.

rnk
    What is your baseband after this?
    Thanks

I don't have an O2 sim so everything I did i did with my Orange sim in the phone.

The process:

Connect iPhone to PC/mac
    Open iTunes
    Sync everything you want to be able to backup (Not Necessary, but saves time)
    Hit Update IN ITUNES!! to 1.1.3
    iTunes will download 1.1.3 and install it on the phone
    When the phone has updated, close iTunes
    Run ZiPhoneGUI (PUT ALL THE FILES ON C:, NOT THE FOLDER, THE FILES!!)
    Click jailbreak, Activate, Unlock, as appropriate
    When asked, put phone in recovery mode (NOT DFU mode)
    Let ZiPhone complete (approx 1 min)
    VOILA!! C'est Finit!!

You should now have a fuly functioning iPhone on 1.1.3 with no need for hacks, work-arounds or fixes. Installer.app is instaled so you can add any programs that you fancy (well any that support 1.1.3 lol)

Hope this helps

Enjoy!

rnk

Wait.. doesnt upgrading then cause the baseband to change?

I dont know much about ZIphone which is why im thinking...Will it make the otb 1.1.2 unlockable or i dont know... need more clarification

wow, so much stuff happening right now just before I'm getting my iphone ... I get really confused.

so some questions:

a) some people have had problems with ziphone. if it doesn't work for me can I just restore the iphone using itunes and then do it that way:
    http://iphone.unlock.no/OTB112unlock.htm
    does this tutorial work for OTB 1.1.3?

b) If I use ziphone, am I supposed to upgrade to 1.1.3 using itunes when I get an 1.1.2 OTB phone?

c) Since ziphone 2.0 makes it possible to downgrade the BL should this be done? if so, is there anything else I should know?

d) should you go for that "change IMEI" checkbox? does it even matter?

thanks. would be so great if you could clear things up a little for me. I'm so confused right now how to unlock and activate and everything.
    I actually don't have any problems with the tutorial I posted above. jailbroke my touch several times and I guess I know how these things work now. so if that method is safer than ziphone and works well I would rather go for that, I don't care for the extra work, I really don't.

edit: oh, and btw, anything I should really really avoid with the whole unlocking stuff? I could do whatever I want with my touch since its really unbrickable, but I really don't want to brick my phone. if theres anything that shouldn't be done tell me.
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2008-02-14 at 12:05 AM.

Yes, this process upgrades the baseband so that ALL of the features can be used without any fixes or hacks.
    So you have a FULL version of 1.1.3 jailbroken, activated and unlocked.

Not a "soft" upgrade with lots of problems and issues.

If ZiPhone doesn't work for you, or there are any issues then you can restore and try again etc. Or you can downgrade to 1.1.1 and proceed with the soft upgrade process.

I have read some of the issues and most of them appear to be user error.

It is really simple use, the GUI version click 3 boxes and you are done.

There is no need to downgrade the bootloader as both 3.9 and 4.6 are unlockable so it makes no difference.

The IMEI changer is for those who have previously bricked their phones by not repairing the baseband after unlocking 1.0.2 via anySIM. So don't worry about that box.

It is really easy and very simple, and takes less than 5 mins. 1.1.3 is so much better than 1.1.2 and when it is this easy and this quick to get it with ALL the functions why would you not?

rnk

Yes, this process upgrades the baseband so that ALL of the features can be used without any fixes or hacks.
    So you have a FULL version of 1.1.3 jailbroken, activated and unlocked.

Not a "soft" upgrade with lots of problems and issues.

If ZiPhone doesn't work for you, or there are any issues then you can restore and try again etc. Or you can downgrade to 1.1.1 and proceed with the soft upgrade process.

I have read some of the issues and most of them appear to be user error.

It is really simple use, the GUI version click 3 boxes and you are done.

There is no need to downgrade the bootloader as both 3.9 and 4.6 are unlockable so it makes no difference.

The IMEI changer is for those who have previously bricked their phones by not repairing the baseband after unlocking 1.0.2 via anySIM. So don't worry about that box.

It is really easy and very simple, and takes less than 5 mins. 1.1.3 is so much better than 1.1.2 and when it is this easy and this quick to get it with ALL the functions why would you not?

rnk
    sounds good. its just that I read that a lot of people got stuck on the apple logo after using ziphone, it seems to be a bug with ziphone that sometimes occurs.

but if I can always restore and try again, I guess I'll give it a shot as soon as I get my phone. thanks. I'm usually not the type to make user errors when it comes to things like these, so I guess I should be fine

rnk:

Do you know if you can restore your Ziphone'd 1.1.3 iphone back to FULLY VIRGIN, LOCKED state by restoring again in iTunes? After the original seczone problems with the first iPhone unlock, I'm gun shy about anything that might permanently damage the iPhone firmware.

Yes hitting restore in 1.1.3 will return the phone to a VIRGIN unit, the alterations are not permanent they can all be restored by ref;ashing the firmware.

rnk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast