Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For everybody who has unlocked their 4.6 BL Iphone

lol it's so funny ... 2 days ago I thought 1.1.2/3 OOBs could only be unlocked by turboSIM or something like that, and now I'm finding lots of tutorials on how to do it without having to buy something extra.

well, long story short, I just discovered the so-called "G-Unlock". I wanted to know if it's still up-to-date and if it can/should be used or if there are problems with this. the reason I'm asking is because I heard that this unlock is permanent and survives any kind of firmware updates. is this true? if so, it would be better than the ziphone thing even though a little more work, wouldn't it?

thanks
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2008-02-14 at 02:18 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Last edited by birdhouse1575; 2012-12-06 at 07:36 AM.

Right i have fairly a lot of questions now.

Mines been ZIphone 2.0 unlocked.... now

1. What happens if i press Reset or Erase all Data and Settings... Will stuff such as installer.app still be there only like personal files and settings will be back to default?

2. What happens if my OTB 1.1.2 Ziphone Unlocked... I connect to Itunes and i just press Upgrade Or Restore. (Not being in DFU or Recovery) what happens. Do i brick the Iphone? Would i be able to ZIphone it again if i click either buttons?

3. What the difference between Restoring in Recovery and Restoring in DFU. I know DFU doesnt load the OS but which is best for upgrading?

4. What the best way of Upgrading to 1.1.3 After the OTB 1.1.2 has been Unlocked/Jail and Act.

Hi all,

wondering if somone could please answer the following questions:

-Are the current latest version iPhones that are for sale on Apple.com's Online Store at the present time unlockable/jailbreakable/etc and fully functioning? and are they unlockable via ZiPhone?

-Has anyone purchased one recently and unlocked it successfully?

Thanks for the help. I've searched for hours but most people seem to be using 1.1.1oob or 1.1.2oob phones. I assume 1.1.3oob refers to the new 8and16Gb models but wasn't too sure.

Cheers

You've "Searched for Hours"????

The new otb iPhones are 1.1.3 and unockable/jailbreakable etc. It has been the discussion of about 100 threads so try a better search next time.

Sorry if that seems rude but don't say you have searched for hours then ask the single most basic question based on the fact that almost every new thread is regarding 8/16 otb 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, and people saying "just bought this...." what can I do?

rnk

@owen

chillax, if anything goes wrong just update your fw in iTunes to 1.1.3, if you are on 1.1.3 when the issue happens then hit restore, and ZiPhone it again.

You will ALWAYS be able to restore to 1.1.3 and then ZiPhone it so don't worry buddy.

any other q's PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by rnksols View Post
    Yes, this process upgrades the baseband so that ALL of the features can be used without any fixes or hacks.
    So you have a FULL version of 1.1.3 jailbroken, activated and unlocked.

Not a "soft" upgrade with lots of problems and issues.

If ZiPhone doesn't work for you, or there are any issues then you can restore and try again etc. Or you can downgrade to 1.1.1 and proceed with the soft upgrade process.

I have read some of the issues and most of them appear to be user error.

It is really simple use, the GUI version click 3 boxes and you are done.

There is no need to downgrade the bootloader as both 3.9 and 4.6 are unlockable so it makes no difference.

The IMEI changer is for those who have previously bricked their phones by not repairing the baseband after unlocking 1.0.2 via anySIM. So don't worry about that box.

It is really easy and very simple, and takes less than 5 mins. 1.1.3 is so much better than 1.1.2 and when it is this easy and this quick to get it with ALL the functions why would you not?

rnk

used ziphone on two 1.1.3 otb phones to work on t-mobile, on both phones the google maps still needs locate me, or navizon. so all applications don't automatically work, at least google maps locator still needs a work around

hey guys i unlocked using geohotz procedure my phone is at 1.1.3 unlocked. is there a way to use ziphone unlock instead? the reason i would like to unlock it gain using ziphone is i want google maps search me feature to work.
    thanks

it works with geohotz, you need to use navizon or locate me, use those apps first then click on the find me button on google maps!

Has anyone unlocked their phone with the instructions from iClafied
    This method uses the geohotz method but you don't have to downgrade, you only need a JB phone.

I'm really tempted to go for this method. I'm not sure ZIPHONE is ready just yet.

What do you think?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feelinggetsold View Post
    used ziphone on two 1.1.3 otb phones to work on t-mobile, on both phones the google maps still needs locate me, or navizon. so all applications don't automatically work, at least google maps locator still needs a work around
    All that will work if you downgrade the bootloader to 3.9, see on the ziphone method, the modem firmware changes to 04.02.13_G but when u downgrade the bootloader to 3.9, it changes the firmware back to 04.03.13_G then your maps and locate me feature will work on its own.
    Last edited by dooley19; 2008-02-21 at 06:14 AM.

Correct,

If the bootloader is 3.9 then all apps and ALL features work perfectly, as the BB is 04.03.13G however if you have an OTB 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 then to unlock it downgrades the baseband to 04.02.13G, which can have issues with locate me and youtube.

Simple fix, check the downgrade BB box in ZiPhone and it will sort it for you, HOWEVER if you do select the downgrade baseband, then i suggest you uncheck the unlock box, and use anySIM 1.3 to unlock as per regular 3.9 users.

Just wanted to write this post to say that today I unlocked my phone, a 1.1.2 OTB and upgraded to 1.1.3 through the Dev Team method, using the iClarified instructions that I mentioned in a previous post.

No downgraded was necessary, just a JB phone, BSD susbsystem and enough space in the disk.

It took less than 3 minutes and so far I have not found one problem.

I asked the question in a previous post if somebody had used the iClarified instructions but it seems that nobody has, however, I read so many problems with the Ziphone method that I was nit brave enough to use it. On the other hand, the Iclarified instructions seemed safer to me, I read quite a few comments with people with problems using the iClarified instructions but I figured most people with problems either needed to install iworld or did not have enough space in the disk.

Rick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12