Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Easiest Method to Unlock 1.1.2 & 1.1.3 OTB using ZiPhone

Default The Easiest Method to Unlock 1.1.2 & 1.1.3 OTB using ZiPhone
    I've unlocked over 50 iPhones using this method.

Just follow this step by step instructions :

1. Put your iphone (1.1.2 or 1.1.3)OTB or accidently upgraded through itunes in recovery mode. (not DFU mode).

2. Download ZiPhone.zip and Extract the zip file on your Desktop.

3. Press Start then Run and then type cmd and press Enter.

4. When DOS window opens don't change anything just type the following command cd Desktop/ZiPhone and then press Enter.

5. After that type ziphone and then press Enter.

6. Then run this command ziphone -j -a -u and press Enter.

There you have it jailbroken, activated and unlocked iphone.

ENJOY !!!

Here the Link for ZiPhone.zip File :

http://files.filefront.com/ZiPhonezi.../fileinfo.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to franky222 For This Useful Post:

frankydabull (2008-02-12)

the screen stays white ...is it ok ?

thanks soo much anyways

ok ok ...my mistake ......!

how long it takes after the last step ?
    Last edited by yashino; 2008-02-12 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default What modem firmware does this leave you with?
    What modem firmware does this leave you with?

Does it keep the 1.1.3 firmware 04.03.13_G when unlocked or does it do the same as the other unlock out and downgrade it to 04.02.13_G ?

Any information would be great?

It takes only 3 mins.

it leaves you with 1.1.3 and 04.02.13_G
    Last edited by franky222; 2008-02-12 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

i did it and it worked but now my WIFI is down

Did you enter the last command correctly ziphone -j -a -u cause I heard that if you shuffle the letter example (ziphone -a -j -u or ziphone -a -u -j) it still works but you have after effects like no wifi signal, youtube not working, etc.

You could just use the GUI version of ZiPhone right? Technically thats easier :P. I havent tried using either way yet but I plan to soon.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    GUI version is sooo much better! but, i like the old version cause it feels better, i guess jaja

Retired Motorola Modder.

so just to be sure: I could get me an AT&T locked phone from ebay with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 OOB, use this tool and then use any simcard I like without having to buy stealSIM or turboSIM?

if so that would be ... awesome ... . saves me over $100 bucks if this is true.

Default hi
    someone answer BlackWolf 's question please want to make sure that 1.1.3 out of the box is unlockable . thanks

are you sure that it doesn't involve any mechanical method like opening the iphone or using a turbosim ?
    Last edited by ziuszius; 2008-02-13 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10000% sure
    will work with otb1.1.2 &1.1.3 and will jailbreak and unlock them and then can be used with any sim card
    no need for turbosim etc
    also no hardware **** required only software and yes GUI is better just unlocked an OTB 16gb using this method

I've got a jb'd and unlocked 1.1.2 OTB using the modmyi method via installer. Have not been able to use the dev team 1.1.3 upgrader, it won't download the firmware. If I use iTunes to upgrade to 1.1.3 will ziphone unlock and jail break it?

(ps posted from Iphone..lol)

Default Unlock
    I have a 1.1.2 OTB which was jailbroken to 1.1.1 and then updated to 1.1.2 and jailbroken again. Will this method unlock the phone i have.

your file host won't work. Also, when i run your commands, i can get the signal after inserting my sim card. But still i get this "Slide for emergency" Why is that?

Hi All think I have the same problem as above.

I have a brand spanking new 1.1.3 16gb, never been used, touched (Arrived today and started hacking from the off)

I have run as instructed.

-j-a says its all ok, but get the slide for emergency only

-u then actually does allow my to enter another sim and a call came through, but I cannot get into the Springboard.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bishopamsterdam View Post
    Hi All think I have the same problem as above.

I have a brand spanking new 1.1.3 16gb, never been used, touched (Arrived today and started hacking from the off)

I have run as instructed.

-j-a says its all ok, but get the slide for emergency only

-u then actually does allow my to enter another sim and a call came through, but I cannot get into the Springboard.

HELP PLEASE!!!
    Exactly.

IMO this ziphone hack doesn't actally work, might be a hoax as well :P

Tried it on 3 different phones, none of them work, I get the signal, but no spring board.

i have 1 1.3 16 gb phone how can i know it's bootloader is of which version ?

how to know whic baseband does my iphone has?
    Last edited by ziuszius; 2008-02-13 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

it doens't matter its the newest phone with the newest baseband/firmware/bootloader...
    you dont need to know these just do the hack

Default Jailbroken, activated, unlocked no sim
    Used ziphone at least 20 times after restoring to 1.1.3. independence tells me it is jailbroken and activated. i have got signal 2 or 3 times for a few minutes but 99.9% of the time it just says no sim. Tried 3 other sims which work fine on another iphone and they dont work either. please help...

Quote Originally Posted by franky222 View Post
    I've unlocked over 50 iPhones using this method.

Just follow this step by step instructions :

1. Put your iphone (1.1.2 or 1.1.3)OTB or accidently upgraded through itunes in recovery mode. (not DFU mode).

2. Download ZiPhone.zip and Extract the zip file on your Desktop.

3. Press Start then Run and then type cmd and press Enter.

4. When DOS window opens don't change anything just type the following command cd Desktop/ZiPhone and then press Enter.

5. After that type ziphone and then press Enter.

6. Then run this command ziphone -j -a -u and press Enter.

There you have it jailbroken, activated and unlocked iphone.

ENJOY !!!

Here the Link for ZiPhone.zip File :

http://files.filefront.com/ZiPhonezi.../fileinfo.html
    hi, have you tried the new 16GB iphone recently released from apple? Thanks.