Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PWNAGE Boot Logo

Default PWNAGE Boot Logo
    This is an animated PNG created with 'GIF Movie Gear'. I put this in as a custom boot logo using pwnage but it does not appear to be animated on the iphone once the firmware is installed. Does anyone know if this can be done...animated boot logos for pwnage on the iphone?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3208/...796a82e8_s.jpg

Last edited by bsheek; 2008-08-26 at 08:18 PM.

Unfortunately, the iphone does not support it. Thats why it wont animate. The closest, well only thing, of that sort is video backgrounds.

Thanks

You're lucky. Pwnage doesn't accept any of my PNGs
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

yeah they have to be formatted correctly, it cant just be any PNG. I used this one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled-1.png  

......epic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtwiford View Post
    yeah they have to be formatted correctly, it cant just be any PNG. I used this one
    Well, I made my PNGs using the outlined requirements, and heck I even downloaded some from here. Pwnage always tells me their not proper PNGs.

Yeah I know that is what I am saying. There was someone who did a tutorial on them, I will see if I can find it for you. I believe there was a certain way to export it or something stupid like that. Are you using photoshop?

Ok I just made one and it works.....do this

1. Open Photoshop

2. Create a New Document with the following settings: 320 (width) x 480 (height), with the background color set to transparency.

3. Keep your background layer transparent and create a new layer. You can put anything you want on the new layer.

4. When you are finished. Do a Save As... not a Save for Web and Devices...When clicking save as you have to as it as a flattened png.Then click options and change it to png 8 and then alpha transparency or channel.

5. Done
    Last edited by mtwiford; 2008-08-27 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

......epic

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mtwiford For This Useful Post:

zoink! (2008-08-27)

Thanks

Will try. Thanks

I used the free program paint.net and saved the pic as 8 bit png and adjusted setting untill it looked the best... drastic drop in size! I also d/l a pic that says PAWNED! that I use for a layer on boot screens. Here is a family guy one I threw together: the original pic i made (with layers) was 437kb and then the second one is the one that is downsized to 8-bit PNG (only 41.6kb)