Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [1.0.2 OTB] Brick?!

Default [1.0.2 OTB] Brick?!
    I had a unlocked v.1.0.2 iphone but than I something happened to it and I didn't get any signals I went ahead and tried to upgrade it to v.1.1.1 but after doing that it just got all f***ed up. After restoring it to v.1.1.1 I try to slide the slider but it just freezes, I have unknown IMEi and ICCID, I tried to reboot the phone with ibrickr but than it just messes up and I have to restore again. I tried restoring down to v.1.0.2 but it wont work. ON the activation screen it says "Repair Needed, iPhone cannot make or receive calls., www.apple.com/support"

Well, jailbreak it on 1.0.2. then downgrade the baseband to 1.0.2 and virginize it.

Thats the thing when I try to restore it back to v.1.0.2 it says I cant do it the error is "1" Not sure what that is but for some reason it just wont work.

try restoring to 1.1.3 using the ipsw found here http://wiki.iphonegameover.com/Firmware_download and its also on this site in the downloads section. this ipsw is special cuz it rewrites ur stuff thats missing, its like ur phone is missing its soul so its spazzing. then downgrade back down. its whats worked for me. my clients wifi had greyed out and the screen popped up a bubble message saying "iphone needs repair" some sh*t like that. try it.

p.s. make sure u put it into hard dfu mode as opposed to regular. the difference is u dont see a connect to itunes logo but its in dfu anyway. try that FIRST and do a regular restore to 1.0.2 if that dont work then see above post. hard body dfu is done by holdin both buttons wait till u here the disconnect tone on the pc then release the top button and keep holding the bottom till you here another tone
    Last edited by makesmoves; 2008-02-11 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

5. The Following User Says Thank You to makesmoves For This Useful Post:

x0bry7x (2008-02-11)

makesmoves thanks. but after i upgrade it to v.1.1.3 do i have the new bootloader also or the older one. also the hard body dfu mode u are talking about is a bit confusing...

So I just hold down the two buttons until it brings me to the recovery mode and than restore to v.1.1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by x0bry7x View Post
    makesmoves thanks. but after i upgrade it to v.1.1.3 do i have the new bootloader also or the older one. also the hard body dfu mode u are talking about is a bit confusing...

So I just hold down the two buttons until it brings me to the recovery mode and than restore to v.1.1.3?
    i honestly think you will obtain the new bootloader so that might be a problem gettin that back down...what are you trying to do exactly? the hardbody dfu is when the phone is on hold down both buttons while being connected via usb to the cpu while holdin them down the phone will turn itself on continue holding for approx 1 sec or until you hear the tone from ur cpu if u dont have ur computer volume up u wont hear it so like i said approx 1 sec after this 1 sec let go of the top button and keep holding the bottom as in keep holding the bottom button cuz u never let it go after 5 secs or so u will here another sound same tone tho and ur phone will be recognized in dfu mode by ur computer. ur welcome.
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Error (1) message means that you didn't get DFU mode correctly. When in DFU mode, the iPhone screen should be blank (black screen). In correct DFU mode, the restoring can be proceeded and there would be an error but not Error(1). Try again.
    So I went and searched around and found out what error 1 meant, and now I know why you are addressing th DFU mode. I do the hardbody DFU mode than i begin the downgrade, correct?

I just want to restore it to a point where I can actually unlock it, becaues any firmware/boot loader is unlocakble

Error (1) message means that you didn't get DFU mode correctly. When in DFU mode, the iPhone screen should be blank (black screen). In correct DFU mode, the restoring can be proceeded and there would be an error but not Error(1). Try again.
    So I went and searched around and found out what error 1 meant, and now I know why you are addressing th DFU mode. I do the hardbody DFU mode than i begin the downgrade, correct?

Last edited by x0bry7x; 2008-02-11 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

1. DFU Restore to 1.1.1
    2. Jailbreak with jailbreakme.com method
    3. Run OktoPrep
    4. UPGRADE to 1.1.2 (download 1.1.2 firmware file and shift+click to upgrade)
    5. Jailbreak 1.1.2 using windows.bat or jailbreak.jar (windows/Mac)
    6. Run AnySIM 1.2u
    7. Upgrade to 1.1.3 with the official 1.1.3 upgrade via installer.

This will leave you at 1.1.3 with the 4.02 baseband and the 3.9 bootloader
    FYI the bootloader does not change no matter what firmware you are on, just the baseband.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-02-11 at 10:30 PM.

I got down to the v1.1.1 and its working now, but I dont konw why its taking so long to work... It just wont jail break for some reason... this happened before also! it takes about 50 tries until it works