Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Endless loop

Default Endless loop
    Hi Guys,Need Help with my fone,i tried to upgrade to 1.3 from 1.2 via installer but wrongly choosen the installer pack.now the i phone is in endless loop with characters flashing at the screen rapidly.and start again after that,please help as i dont wanna loose my fone.thanks in advance.

yeah, this has just happened 2 me as well, whenever i tried 2 upgrade to 1.1.2 after installing the new 1.1.2otb package through installer. my iphone flashes the apple icon as though its goin to boot up and then just scrolls text down the screen.

itunes and my comp wont recognise its even on. any advice would b greatly apprechiated.

sorry 4 double post
    Last edited by ross__h; 2008-02-10 at 03:06 PM. Reason: double post

same problem.i wonder if our iphone is brick.please help us guys if u have any experience at all on how to restore.i suspect we scrambled something inside.

have you tried putting it in restore mode? (connect to pc, hold power and home while phone is on when the screen goes black release power but keep holding home)

then you should be able to restore/ downgrade and start over

DFU to 1.1.3 and let it completely restore(it will take longer than usual) and you will have a fully functional phone again. but you have to jailbreak all over again.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Had this issue too... but I just did a restore. It is shocking to me how many people DON'T try things before they post a question. If your phone is unusable it NEVER hurts to just restore it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

i did try to restore but itune gave me a error itunes cannot restore iphone an unknown error (1).its been 8 hours trying to restore.thanks for your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by froggyx View Post
    i did try to restore but itune gave me a error itunes cannot restore iphone an unknown error (1).its been 8 hours trying to restore.thanks for your suggestion.
    Hello froggy, you should try to restore in DFU mode to get here just hold poweroff/home for 10 seconds till screen goes black, let go of power button and keep holding home, now connect phone to itunes still holding home and your phone should boot in restore mode.

From here use ibrickr and follow the instructiones to restore to 1.0.2 given in ibrickr

davioxx