Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winpwn 2.0.0.4 don't need to unlock but can I?

Default Winpwn 2.0.0.4 don't need to unlock but can I?
    Greetings,

Just purchased a 3G Iphone legit through FIDO (in Canada). I am currently setting it up and want to Jailbreak it. I am following a couple of guides I have found for the latest Winpwn 2.0.0.4.

When I get to the "Advanced" tab during the IPSW builder. The guides state that if you are with a legitimate carrier (like in my case) to uncheck "Activate Phone" and not to do anything else here. My question is, if I'd like to unlock my sim, so for instance when I am travelling abroad (Europe, Asia) I can purchase a local sim and pop it in, am I hurting the process in anyway?

Can I unlock it for this reason even though I don't have to unlock it to use right now or will I mess up the existing setup with Fido?

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bouzo View Post
    Greetings,

Just purchased a 3G Iphone legit through FIDO (in Canada). I am currently setting it up and want to Jailbreak it. I am following a couple of guides I have found for the latest Winpwn 2.0.0.4.

When I get to the "Advanced" tab during the IPSW builder. The guides state that if you are with a legitimate carrier (like in my case) to uncheck "Activate Phone" and not to do anything else here. My question is, if I'd like to unlock my sim, so for instance when I am travelling abroad (Europe, Asia) I can purchase a local sim and pop it in, am I hurting the process in anyway?

Can I unlock it for this reason even though I don't have to unlock it to use right now or will I mess up the existing setup with Fido?

Thanks
    There's no such thing as unlocking your SIM. You unlock the phone so it can work with other SIM cards. As of now there is no unlock for the 3G iPhone so at this time it's not possible for you to unlock your new 3G iPhone unless you use a hardware unlock.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MgNate For This Useful Post:

rajib888 (2008-08-24)