Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beware - SkyStarTrade and Universal

Angry Beware - SkyStarTrade and Universal
    The universal-sim.org website listed SkyStarTrade as a USA reseller. I sent an email asking if the sim unlock they had listed on their website is the real universal-sim version and they replied it was.

Guess what.....drum roll.......it is not! They are shipping an unlock sim that has Software Unlock for any iPhone in only 10 minutes ! stamped on it. According to that website, it should work, as long as you have the latest software on it. Guess what again, this POS doesn't and I have no way to program it!

Of course SkyStarTrade is saying they won't/can't do anything but I say buckle up sir

Just a warning before anyone drops cash on this from this company. So much for a solution to unlock this 3G.

I have 10 pieces of them laying around with "www.sim.bz" printed on it. And I just bought a Pkey to update it (not arrive yet). If I update it successful, that means its a real universal-sim.

If I success, I can update yours and send it back to you.. free! But you have to send me a stamp with your universal-sim.. (of course only if you are in the US)

After couple of testing, my universal-sim works with tmobile with Edge. I have also the sims with Software Unlock for any iPhone in only 10 minutes !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garyhartaz View Post
    The universal-sim.org website listed SkyStarTrade as a USA reseller. I sent an email asking if the sim unlock they had listed on their website is the real universal-sim version and they replied it was.

Guess what.....drum roll.......it is not! They are shipping an unlock sim that has Software Unlock for any iPhone in only 10 minutes ! stamped on it. According to that website, it should work, as long as you have the latest software on it. Guess what again, this POS doesn't and I have no way to program it!

Of course SkyStarTrade is saying they won't/can't do anything but I say buckle up sir

Just a warning before anyone drops cash on this from this company. So much for a solution to unlock this 3G.
    You are wrong. They are selling our original universal sim just with another brand name, but hardware is 100% identical, functionality as well. The only difference is that on the pcb instead of UNIVERSAL-SIM — The ultimate universal unlock SIM is written Software Unlock for any iPhone in only 10 minutes !

I am doing custom sims for some customers which request it. It is very easy to test., you can go to UNIVERSAL-SIM — The ultimate universal unlock SIM, download the software and update it, it will work.

If you have any questions, PM me or mail me, you can find my details also on UNIVERSAL-SIM — The ultimate universal unlock SIM wordwide diistributor page.

B.R.,
    Raskal

Raskal,

Here is the problem, and you can go back and read my original post. I was told this would work with a 3G phone and get EDGE/GPRS. Out of the box, it does not. Why? Because the software on it is 3 revisons older and requires the 5.3 version in order for it to work.

Since I have no programmer, I cannot update this sim and I am out $59! For this money I should have gotten a programmer or at the very least they should have programmed it with the latest software. So what am I to do as a customer relying on this vendor to supply me with the right gear?

Also, don't you think the reseller should state that the sim, whether it states SIM.BZ or otherwise, is UNIVERSAL-SIM software compatible and is of the same quality and construction? Shady I say

I bet the software unlock comes out before I get this settled anyway

Quote Originally Posted by raskal View Post
    You are wrong. They are selling our original universal sim just with another brand name, but hardware is 100% identical, functionality as well. The only difference is that on the pcb instead of UNIVERSAL-SIM The ultimate universal unlock SIM is written Software Unlock for any iPhone in only 10 minutes !

I am doing custom sims for some customers which request it. It is very easy to test., you can go to UNIVERSAL-SIM The ultimate universal unlock SIM, download the software and update it, it will work.

If you have any questions, PM me or mail me, you can find my details also on UNIVERSAL-SIM The ultimate universal unlock SIM wordwide diistributor page.

B.R.,
    Raskal

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garyhartaz View Post
    Raskal,

Here is the problem, and you can go back and read my original post. I was told this would work with a 3G phone and get EDGE/GPRS. Out of the box, it does not. Why? Because the software on it is 3 revisons older and requires the 5.3 version in order for it to work.

Since I have no programmer, I cannot update this sim and I am out $59! For this money I should have gotten a programmer or at the very least they should have programmed it with the latest software. So what am I to do as a customer relying on this vendor to supply me with the right gear?

Also, don't you think the reseller should state that the sim, whether it states SIM.BZ or otherwise, is UNIVERSAL-SIM software compatible and is of the same quality and construction? Shady I say

I bet the software unlock comes out before I get this settled anyway

regarding the firmware:

if you follow up our update history, you will see that there was a lot of firmware updates, this mean the dealer had some older stock on hand and did probbably not update it to latest firmware revistion. However, when we decided to make this uni sim, we decided to make it updatable, and for updates we did not want make a specific reader to force user buy our readers, farmore we was think to be more flexible, so the reader we are using is an ordinary SMART CARD READER. Those readers are used in most case for online banking. U can google it using the term "ccid smart card reader" or "online banking smart card reader" . However, i just want to say that you can buy one reader yourself and perform the update by yourself, or you can send it back to your supplier to update it for you,. But are u sure you want to do that really every time when we release one update? Think about... So i suggest to buy the reader so u won't need wait or send back card to your reseller for update it. An important thing i forgot to mention.Do not confuse a sim card reader with a smart card reader !!! sim card reader won't work!

regarding the quality of sim.bz and universal-sim.com:
    both are produced in same line, the quality is same, the only difference is the brand name written on the pcb. And the most easy way to test it, is to download the uni sim updater and try it with sim.bz, and if work you can be sure it is our card.
    Last edited by raskal; 2008-08-25 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost