Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G US to India

Default iPhone 3G US to India
    I bought a 3G iphone in the US by activating it in the store. But i intend to use it over here in India. Since the iPhone has been officially launched in India now, will i be able to activate my us bought iPhone with one of the Apple approved carriers in India ?

Or is my only available option to wait for the 3g/gsm unlock to be released by the dev-team and unlock and jailbreak my phone with that ?

Also, the iPhone has been launched simultaneously on 2 carriers in India. Will I be able to interchange the devices and sims bought from the two different carriers ?

i am not 100% on this one but i am pretty sure it wont
    because they are locked to at&t and not apples carriers

i know this is what your not say but i am just saying that would be awesome if tmobile worked becuase there is tmobile in germany thats apples carrier

There maybe a way. Download the firmware seperately. once done put your iphone into recovery mode by turning it off completely and then hold the home button and then connect it to itunes. Keep holding till you see the recovery logo. on itunes it'll mention that your phone is in recover mode then SHIFT + CLICK on restore and select the firmware and let it install. Make sure that the sim (Airtel or Vodafone) is inserted before you do this. After it reinstalls the firmware and if this method works it will mention that a carrier update is available do you want to update. click on yes and that should be it. I have no clue if it'll work or not but give it a shot.

If you really find the answer to this question please post this in the thread because a lot of people are waiting for some kind of a fix on this issue.