Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 unlock not working anymore

Thanks

Default 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 unlock not working anymore
    i have an OTB 1.0.2 unlocked iphone but i think after i accidentally okpret to 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.1 i got an incorrect sim on my screen with 0049 xxx IMEI with 1.1.2. so i downgraded to 1.1.1 then reviginized it then restored to 1.1.1 again. i went through the anysim unlocking method on 1.1.1 successfully but when i put the t-mobile sim in, i got a screen saying "different sim detected, please connect to itunes" and the phone is still locked. can some please tell me what i did wrong? do i need to downgrade back to 1.0.2 and reviginize from there to have it work with t-mobile again. i need my phone to work...arrgghhh! please help me! thanks in advance.

currently on 1.1.1
    04.01.13_G
    IMEI is correct
    "...tomorrow could be the best day of your life..."

Since you're on 1.1.1 and with that modem firmware what i'd suggest is to go into installer and use baseband downgrader. Then restore your iPhone with 1.1.1, jailbreak, use anySim and you should be up and going again.
    iPhone 8Gb Firmware Version 1.1.1

Thanks

i will try that right now. thank u!

but doesn't the virginizer do that already? should i downgrade the baseband if i'm already on it and if i do downgrade, what will that do or change what i've already done? hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by nxovkin; 2008-02-07 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Correct me if im wrong but the virginizer is for 1.0.2, the old anySim has a problem when it patched the iPhone. So the virginizer brings it back to its original state.

Baseband downgrader brings the modem firmware back to 4.01.13G, even though you're on it, if you have troubles with phone features that just basically restores it again so once you do rerun anySim it'll be a fresh start. I've found that when you run anySim it works better with the sim not in the iPhone during flash.

Thanks

djkai, your definitely right about the virginizer being used for 1.0.2 but i didn't virginized it when i was on 1.0.2 before i upgraded to 1.1.2. so my question is... do i have to downgraded back to 1.0.2 and virginize it or go straight the anysim on 1.1.1 after i downgrade the baseband like you said???

[update] djkai, thank you so much! i took your advice and everything is working perfectly now. i'm itching to update to 1.1.2 but is worried that i might have to go through the whole thing again. thanks again!
    Last edited by nxovkin; 2008-02-07 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out.

Hahaha yeh i don't think you'll have any problems upgrading to 1.1.2 just also try not have the sim in while using anySim for 1.1.2.

I'm not too bothered with 1.1.2 now just gonna wait it out till the 1.1.3 unlock is officially released before i upgrade.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to djkai For This Useful Post:

nxovkin (2008-02-08)