Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone update problems.. please help!

Default iPhone update problems.. please help!
    Yesterday i decided i was bored with my jailbroken 1.1.4 1st gen iphone so i decided to update.
    i used winpwn to jailbreak the 2.0.1 restore file and then used itunes to put it on my phone.
    everything worked fine but i had no service even when i moved to different areas.
    i watched a tutorial on youtube explaining how to fix this and it said when using winpwn, unselect the youtube activation fix and activate phone. only problem is my phone has to be activated as it was bought in the US and i live in the UK. If i unselect it, when i turn my phone on it says a message something like... "insert an unlocked and activated sim"
    i tried just clicking retore (in dfu mode) in itunes which updated my phone to version 2.0.2 but i get the same message "insert a unlocked and valid sim"

Is there anyway around these problems?

or could i just downgrade back down to 1.1.4? if so how and will i get my signal back?

btw my network is o2.

with the first gen iphones
    if you aint from the states u need to choose the option to activate the phone in winpwn
    it sounds like you did every thing correct the first time
    do that again and if you still have no network once that is done
    go into settings/general/reset and reset your network settings
    that should do that trick

Quote Originally Posted by FramedTrash View Post
    with the first gen iphones
    if you aint from the states u need to choose the option to activate the phone in winpwn
    it sounds like you did every thing correct the first time
    do that again and if you still have no network once that is done
    go into settings/general/reset and reset your network settings
    that should do that trick
    Tried that and i still cant get a service.. thanks for trying though.

When i go to settings, general international and then region format, there is no UK option and it is set to US. Also when i type a number in it puts a - between the numbers. E.g when i type 0784 it goes to 078-4. could this be why im not recieving any service because it thinks its in the US?