Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak+ACTIVATE+Unlock 1.1.3

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default [GUIDE] Jailbreak+ACTIVATE+Unlock 1.1.3
    This guide has been tested by me with 5 iphones that used to be unlock with tmobile and worked flawlessly running 1.1.3 unlock to TMobile.

This is only for BL 3.9 or OTB 1.1.1 and below.

FOR EASIEST ACTIVATE+UNLOCK+JAILBREAK 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 DOWNLOAD 1.1.3 RESTORE IMAGE FROM DOWNLOAD LINK | OR FOR 1.1.4 JUST DO THE PLAIN RESTORE ON ITUNES Then USE ZIPHONE 2.5c..

Alot of people getting error FOR NOT FOLLOWING SIMPLE INSTRUCTION on using Ziphone 2.5c
    SO MAKE SURE YOU DO A FULL RESTORE TO 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 instead of UPDATE!
    NEXT is to make sure you do NOT KILL ITUNES! LEAVE it open while ziphone do its thing.
    LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST, SET YOUR iphone to NEW IPHONE then sync it, instead of restoring to back up.

ON INSTALLER: MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE IT IT ASK YOU THEN INSTALL BSD SUBSYSTEM BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING!

This guide is from following EffeXTC and PF for the unlock Thank you guys! You are awesome!!

Files you will need:
    Iphone 1.1.1 Firmware
    Iphone 1.1.2 Firmware
    iBrickr V.91
    1.1.2 Jailbreak
    iTunes 7.6 or 7.5
    WiFi Connection REQUIRED
    And about 2.5 Hrs of your time.

Step 1: Preparing your iphone for DFU

If you haven't do so, plug your iphone to your computer and open up itunes. Put your iphone to DFU mode by pushing and holding Sleep/powerup button and Home Button until your iphone screen turn black and you hear the beep sound on your computer then let go of your Sleep/Power button but keep pushing your home button. Now in about 20 seconds, you will hear another beep on your computer then itunes will recognize your iphone that is on DFU mode.

Step 2: RESTORING PART

On itunes, press and hold shift+restore (for windows) and browse on your Iphone 1.1.1 firmware you have on your file or you just downloaded then click OK. Itunes will start on restoring your iphone, relax and wait till the restore is done. You will get error 1015 THAT IS NORMAL. Click ok on the error message then Ok again on another message that telling you your iphone is on recovery mode. go press and hold shift+restore again then browse on your iphone 1.1.1 firmware again then click ok. Once it is done YOU WILL GET Another 1015 error that is GOOD! now open up ibrickr V.091
    Ibricker will give you 2 options. BOOT THE IPHONE or DOWNGRADE to 1.0.2 CLICK BOOT THE IPHONE.your iphone screen will turned red. Then after few seconds you will get the activate screen.

Step 3: JAILBREAKING AND ACTIVATING 1.1.1

On your iphone, slide to emergency then dial *#307# iphone will ring then delete *#307# and dial 0 then press answer, now put the call on HOLD. The phone will ring again this time press decline. You will now have access on your contact. Create a new contact name it whatever you want. look for add url tap it then add this: prefs:/ tap save, tap add url again and add this: http://www.jailbreakme.com tap save then save your new contact. now tap your first url "prefs:/" This will take you to your settings. Go to your WiFi connection and add your network. Now push home button. This will take you back to your activation screen. Slide to emergency again then dial 0, phone will ring press answer, put it on hold then phone will ring again then press decline.
    Back to your contact that you created, now go to the http://www.jailbreakme.com your safari will open then once the website fully loaded scroll down to buttom page then install appsnap. Your screen will be back to activation screen then will reboot in a few moment. Then you have the slide to unlock. Iphone won't have service if you downgraded from 1.1.2

Step 4 PREPARING FOR UPGRADE TO 1.1.2

Back to itunes, if you havent done so close all those pop up messages earlier. Then setup your iphone to your back up file. Once that is done, Back to your iphone and open installer. Scroll down to tweaks 1.1.1 and install oktoprep. Once you get the you are ready to upgrade to 1.1.2 click ok then pushed home button and let it soft reboot to slide to unlock. Back on itunes, press and hold shift+UPDATE then browse on your iphone 1.1.2 firmware on file then click OK. Itunes will now Update your iphone to 1.1.2. Once it's done click OK on any message your itunes will give you then close it. Run 1.1.2 JAILBREAK Don't bother installing SSH then follow prompts.

Step 5 PREPARING FOR UPGRADE TO 1.1.3

You should have an activated jailbroken 1.1.2, open installer and install BSD Subsystem 2.1 under SYSTEM folder Make sure your installer is also updated. Go back to home and let it soft reboot to slide to unlock. Go to settings->general->auto lock to NEVER. Back to installer Go to system folder and install OFFICIAL 1.1.3 soft upgrade and follow the prompt. If your iphone is UNLOCK and didn't use the ACTIVATION through itunes then press YES on first popup message regarding about the hactivation and NO to the next message. Sit and relax make a coffee or something cause this will take about 20 mins to 50 mins. Once it is done, you will see EITHER totally black screen with your network service wifi time on top, or rebooting your iphone. If you have been waiting for 10-15 mins Go ahead and press and hold sleep/power button and home button until the screen turns black then let go on both button, then press sleep/power button to turn it back on.

Step 6: UPDATING BASEBAND TO 04.03.13_G AND UNLOCKING 1.1.3 TO USE WITH ANY GSM SERVICE PROVIDER

You should have a working 1.1.3 activated without youtube activation. Go to Settings-General-Auto-Lock- It should be still on NEVER if not set it up to NEVER. Open installer and install BSD SUBSYSTEM 2.1 And update installer to 3.0. Now we will need to add Iclarified source for the baseband update and unlocking 1.1.3 and i.unlock.no sources for YouTube activation issue. Go to sources click edit then ADD add this on the url address: i.unlock.no then click OK after it's done refreshing tap add again and add installer.iClarified.com click ok then click done after the refresh then tap REFRESH to refresh the sources. Go to install and open iClarified
    Install BASEBAND UPDATER. Should take around 5mins. Once it's done, reboot your iphone. You should have 04.03.13_G BB. Back to installer again and go to iClarified then install ANYSIM 1.3. Back to home button and let it soft reboot to slide to unlock. Now, you should see the anysim application on your springboard. Go to Settings-General-TURNED AIRPLANE MODE ON then back to springboard again and you are ready to unlock your iphone. Tap Anysim and follow prompt. after you get the Unlock Successful Click ok then turn AIRPLANE BACK OFF, you should see your network AGAIN then reboot your iphone.

Step 7:
    YOUTUBE ACTIVATION

You should have a 1.1.3 unlock with the GPS full functionality without the NAVIZON/LOCATE ME. Now we need YouTube back to be activated. back to installer scrolldown and open unlocking tools, install YOUTUBE ACTIVATION. Let it soft reboot after the install to slide to unlock then REBOOT YOUR IPHONE. Once your iphone back on, Your YouTube should be working now.

Step 8:
    CLEANING UP:

Ok, Now you have 1.1.3 unlock with YouTube activated. Back to installer go to uninstall and UNINSTALL ANYSIM1.3, and BASEBAND UPDATER.

TROUBLESHOOTING:

SOUND: If there are no sound coming out from the speaker but your ringtone can make sound, Go TO SETTINGS-GENERAL-RESET- RESET ALL SETTINGS.

After your Iphone reboot, you will have your sound back
    Last edited by dakko; 2008-03-11 at 07:58 AM.

Carrier: Tmobile
    Apple iPhone 8gb : FW 1.1.2 Unlocked
    EDGE: $5.99 Tzones Plan
    Email: YES
    SAFARI: YES
    MAP: YES
    YouTube: YES
    WEATHER: YES
    STOCKS: YES

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dakko For This Useful Post:

123 (2008-02-10), annaj (2008-02-07), ericidle (2008-02-08), fourplay (2008-02-07), gcampanha (2008-02-12), jimflint80 (2008-02-11), Moebaqi (2008-02-08), outbreak (2008-03-05), sketch (2008-02-11)

My iPhone is already at 1.1.2 from 1.1.1.

Can I use this guide and miss out the 1.1.1 downgrade steps or do I need to do the whole thing?

Posted in error
    Last edited by Rip; 2008-02-07 at 10:41 AM.

Posted in error
    Last edited by Rip; 2008-02-07 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    My iPhone is already at 1.1.2 from 1.1.1.

Can I use this guide and miss out the 1.1.1 downgrade steps or do I need to do the whole thing?
    If your 1.1.2 is already Jailbroken, Start with Step 5 all the way to the last step

Make sure you have atleast 300mb **I would recommend atleast 1gb** FREE SPACE.

Or Uninstall all your application that you installed from installer and leave only BSD SUBSYTEM 2.0. Make sure the BSD SUBSYSTEM is 2.0 and your installer is at 3.0 version.

Then go ahead and proceed to STEP 5.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dakko,

Which version of YouTube Activation did you use? Last time Boss YouTube activation broke installer and I had "Main script execution failed" on 1.1.3 phone. Not sure about Fredrick's one. Please let us know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSkill View Post
    Dakko,

Which version of YouTube Activation did you use? Last time Boss YouTube activation broke installer and I had "Main script execution failed" on 1.1.3 phone. Not sure about Fredrick's one. Please let us know.
    I am using the one from i.unlock.no

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dakko For This Useful Post:

outbreak (2008-03-05)

Thanks for this guide.

I am honestly kind of confused with all the terms related to the iphone (After searching), and obviously new to all this :S
    I just got an iphone as a present which is 1.0.2 unlocked, so should i follow these steps only or is there more? i have windows vista and latest itunes

i just finished unlocking mine. confirming that it works!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OutCell View Post
    Thanks for this guide.

I am honestly kind of confused with all the terms related to the iphone (After searching), and obviously new to all this :S
    I just got an iphone as a present which is 1.0.2 unlocked, so should i follow these steps only or is there more? i have windows vista and latest itunes
    If you have 1.0.2 unlocked you will need to Virginized your iphone first before you start on step 1.

Follow the guide on this link http://iphone.unlock.no/#how-to-down...inize-baseband

Once you have 1.0.2 back to lock then follow step 1 on this guide. after your restore to 1.1.1 you will not get the 1015 error sinice your BB is still on 03.14.08_G. Then step 3 all they way to the last step

Thanks

followed the guide from step 5,
    works great - easiest update yet with the iphone.
    Thanks to everyone who made this possible.
    Awesome job!

Hi!

I'm concerned about all the standard apps not working (there were postings about mail, sms, ...) not working after upgrading to 1.1.3

Are all standard apple apps fully functional after the above described upgrade? Do I still need to use iWorld for the SMS fix?

Thanks for all the good work everyone!!!

when at step 5, do i have to unlock the phone on 112 or just have it activated and jailbroken? I started the upgrade to 113 using your guide, but when the phone rebooted, i was still at 112. any idea why?

Green Apple
    Thanks

great guide thanks!

Thanks

Me too, I didn't have to do the youtube activation either. everything seems to be working great haven't tried traffic yet hope that works also! Thanks Again for a great tutorial.

I can't seem to be able to download and install BSD Subsystem from System category to virginize my iphone
    cannot find host or server
    Seem no internet is connected even though i am connected to my Wifi + have the USB hocked to the laptop and sure the internet is working (Posting right now!)
    Any ideas why my iphone is not connected to the internet so i can download and install this?
    Last edited by OutCell; 2008-02-07 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joisey04 View Post
    Hi!

I'm concerned about all the standard apps not working (there were postings about mail, sms, ...) not working after upgrading to 1.1.3

Are all standard apple apps fully functional after the above described upgrade? Do I still need to use iWorld for the SMS fix?

Thanks for all the good work everyone!!!
    iWorld not compatible to 1.1.3 if you install it and open it there's nothing in it. Not sure if they fix the SMS/phone on a different country sim card
    other than that all the standard apps on iPhone working like it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by moontan View Post
    when at step 5, do i have to unlock the phone on 112 or just have it activated and jailbroken? I started the upgrade to 113 using your guide, but when the phone rebooted, i was still at 112. any idea why?
    If you are on step 5 and wanting to update to 1.1.3 next, unlocking your iPhone is not necessary. All you need is install bsd subsystem v2.0 and update installer to 3.0 then set auto-lock never. Then back in installer and install official 1.1.3 soft update follow prompt. If your iPhone rebooted to 1.1.2 FW then you will have to start on step 1 all the way to the last step.

Quote Originally Posted by moontan View Post
    If you are on step 5 and wanting to update to 1.1.3 next, unlocking your iPhone is not necessary. All you need is install bsd subsystem v2.0 and update installer to 3.0 then set auto-lock never. Then back in installer and install official 1.1.3 soft update follow prompt. If your iPhone rebooted to 1.1.2 FW then you will have to start on step 1 all the way to the last step.

I can't seem to be able to download and install BSD Subsystem from System category to virginize my iphone
    cannot find host or server
    Seem no internet is connected even though i am connect to my Wifi + have the USB hocked to the laptop
    Any ideas why?
    try to reconnect to your network. Might just your playing with you if you still getting the download failed cannot find host or server then you might just have to reset all settings from settings - general - reset - reset all settings. If it still no go, then you might need to restore to 1.0.2 by doing shift + restore browse your iPhone 1.0.2 firmware file. If you do not have it on file download it from this forum under download/firmware. Follow step 3 to activate and jailbreak it. Then try it again. It should work now that you do restore. Follow that virginize guide then once you are done follow Step 2 all the way to the last step
    Last edited by dakko; 2008-02-07 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dakko View Post
    try to reconnect to your network. Might just your playing with you if you still getting the download failed cannot find host or server then you might just have to reset all settings from settings - general - reset - reset all settings. If it still no go, then you might need to restore to 1.0.2 by doing shift + restore browse your iPhone 1.0.2 firmware file. If you do not have it on file download it from this forum under download/firmware. Follow step 3 to activate and jailbreak it. Then try it again. It should work now that you do restore. Follow that virginize guide then once you are done follow Step 2 all the way to the last step
    Thanks Dakko. I will try that now!
    NOTE: In step 3, when i dial *#307# my iphone doesn't ring, do i have to press the call button? Is it because i have a PIN locked sim card! I will try to change the sim to another which is not locked.
    Ok i reached to the jailbreakme.com point but my connection still not working (Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server.) what now? The iphone is locked ****
    Last edited by OutCell; 2008-02-07 at 06:46 PM.

I'm all the way to the end and i am attempting to run anysim 1.3. As soon as I start it, it pops up saying "please restart your iphone You must set autolock to Never in settings general/autolock to continue. Anysim will now quit" then the only button is OK which ends the program.

Autolock is already set to never. I've tried resetting all settings, and setting it to never already. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Thanks Dakko. I will try that now!
    NOTE: In step 3, when i dial *#307# my iphone doesn't ring, do i have to press the call button? Is it because i have a PIN locked sim card! I will try to change the sim to another which is not locked.
    Ok i reached to the jailbreakme.com point but my connection still not working (Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server.) what now? The iphone is locked ****
    still not connecting to your WiFi? try ibrickr to activate it. Or try old
    method on 1.0.2. Use apptap to jailbreak it then pacay to activate it. Check your network or you might want to try to connect to a different wifi network

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast