Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak+ACTIVATE+Unlock 1.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iphone was bricked... so, i follow all the steps...but I just stuck in step 6.... after Install BASEBAND UPDATER... the "Wi-Fi" in my iphone become disable ( highlighted in grey)...
    so, I can't install the any SIM 1.3....

what to do now??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by castilloj View Post
    hey guys i have a otb 1.1.3 16 gig, and i downgraded to 1.1.1 then did the *#307#
    then called routine that brings you to add the contact. anyways my phone rebooted after i clicked app snap. and when the phone started im getting invalid sim even though im already a att customer. is there a way to fix this?
    Hi, this guide is not for your bootloader 4.6, and even you have at&t sim card you will still get the invalid sim card. only version you wont get that message is on 1.1.3. But then ofcourse your at&t had to be activated to itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxspecr1 View Post
    Just finished this now and everything went smoothly. Can confirm it works.

My only issue: The ringer volume is sooooo ridiculously low now. I poked the holes with the pin when I was on 1.1.2 and it made like a 60% increase in volume. Now it seems like my volume has gone down like 75%. Lower than it's ever been for sure.

Anyone else have this problem?
    try the settings-general-reset- RESET ALL SETTINGS. your volume might go back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by beatricewyc View Post
    My iphone was bricked... so, i follow all the steps...but I just stuck in step 6.... after Install BASEBAND UPDATER... the "Wi-Fi" in my iphone become disable ( highlighted in grey)...
    so, I can't install the any SIM 1.3....

what to do now??
    I'm assuming your Bootloader is the 3.9 right?

Try to restore to 1.1.3 then go back on step one again.
    Last edited by dakko; 2008-02-12 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Carrier: Tmobile
    Apple iPhone 8gb : FW 1.1.2 Unlocked
    EDGE: $5.99 Tzones Plan
    Email: YES
    SAFARI: YES
    MAP: YES
    YouTube: YES
    WEATHER: YES
    STOCKS: YES

Ok Guys this where I get confused in reading all this...
    I had a 1.1.1 w/ BL3.9 I upgraded to 1.1.2 and unlocked
    So now if i want to go to 1.1.3 is this what I need to do

1: Use Devteam soft update to get to 1.1.3 which stays unlocked
    2: update the baseband updater to get to 0.4.03.13_G
    3: Then use Anysim1.3 to unlock <<
    Using the above from the Source iClarified

Is this right or is this backwards Of to I need to Shift-Update to get to 1.1.3 which I think this is wrong right
    any help would be aprreciated

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
    Ok Guys this where I get confused in reading all this...
    I had a 1.1.1 w/ BL3.9 I upgraded to 1.1.2 and unlocked
    So now if i want to go to 1.1.3 is this what I need to do

1: Use Devteam soft update to get to 1.1.3 which stays unlocked
    2: update the baseband updater to get to 0.4.03.13_G
    3: Then use Anysim1.3 to unlock <<
    Using the above from the Source iClarified

Is this right or is this backwards Of to I need to Shift-Update to get to 1.1.3 which I think this is wrong right
    any help would be aprreciated

Thanks
    Yep, you get that right you will need to use Dev Team official updater

Carrier: Tmobile
    Apple iPhone 8gb : FW 1.1.2 Unlocked
    EDGE: $5.99 Tzones Plan
    Email: YES
    SAFARI: YES
    MAP: YES
    YouTube: YES
    WEATHER: YES
    STOCKS: YES

after my phone booted up into 1.1.3 i was missing most all of the icons like only phone email ipod notes was on my screen any advice im restoring back to 1.1.1 now

Quote Originally Posted by brownbulldawg View Post
    Quick question; I have 1.1.2 OTB & planning on doing the UNLOCK method using iClarified. what I wanna know is, after the UNLOCK process, do I need to do a "Soft Upgrade" to 1.1.3 first before installing the "1.1.3 Official Upgrade"?
    "1.1.3 Official Upgrade" is a soft upgrade. So that would not be necessary.

But this guide is only for 1.1.1 OTB or below, so not sure if it will work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hasteveha View Post
    also which version of ibrick do I need after I do step 1 to get my iphone to boot since it will have that error msg?.91 still freezes for me I made sure itunes and ituneshelper are not running in the background .When I upgraded before to 1.1.3 I didn't get that msg because I didn't have an upgraded bb. I know I will get that error this time.
    You got the right version. Had the same problem as you, try rebooting your computer first and if that does not help try this link: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...readid=1242464

Quote Originally Posted by phishnchips View Post
    after my phone booted up into 1.1.3 i was missing most all of the icons like only phone email ipod notes was on my screen any advice im restoring back to 1.1.1 now
    I got almost the same problem. After everything was done (I got 1.00 OTB) I only had installer in my upper left corner of springboard. Could click it but it didn't open. "Restore" of settings didnt help.

But not really a big problem, just restored it and now trying to redo this guide again. Big thanks to dakko for the best guide I have seen so far (and I have pretty much seen them all)!

Will maybe come back later and tell you how it went.

Edit 1: Right now on 1.1.3 without any problems (did it without restore during the last step now, dont know if that was the problem) and is about to update baseband.
    Edit 2: On 1.1.3 with right baseband and unlocked. Everything is working except locate me. However, has never worked for me. This is 20 times better than Nate's current solution.

Thanks again to everyone who made this possible!
    Last edited by bt86bt; 2008-02-13 at 08:40 PM.

how to know whic baseband and bootloader does my iphone has

i have 1.1.3 out of the box will the unlok work with it

how to know which baseband and bootloader does my iphone has.it is new 16gb iphone just bought it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Popup
    Quote Originally Posted by dakko View Post

If your iphone is UNLOCK and didn't use the ACTIVATION through itunes then press YES on first popup message regarding about the hactivation and NO to the next message. Sit and relax make a coffee or something cause this will take about 20 mins to 50 mins. Once it is done, you will see EITHER totally black screen with your network service wifi time on top, or rebooting your iphone.
    What if, some dumbass like me, pressed NO at first popup and now the iphone is asking for activation... it's unlocked cuze i can receive calls in Nicaragua. Do i have to start over again, downgrading to 1.1.1, I have a 1.1.2 OTB

I'm doing it again...

Cheers,

necao
    Last edited by necao; 2008-02-13 at 07:51 PM.

Alot of people need to read the first part of the thread, but since some people missed I will make it more clear:

This is only for BL 3.9 or OTB 1.1.1 and below.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bt86bt For This Useful Post:

necao (2008-02-13)

after restoring back to 1.1.1 and starting over everything is good so far when i try to use locate me i get "your location could not be determined" i am in a sort of rural area could that be it or do i need to do something to fix that feature.

dont know if it will help phone was 1.0.2 OTB unlocked the old messy way then restored and unlocked with anysim on 1.1.1 jailbreakme.com method now im at 1.1.3 using this guide.
    Last edited by phishnchips; 2008-02-13 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bt86bt View Post
    Alot of people need to read the first part of the thread, but since some people missed I will make it more clear:

This is only for BL 3.9 or OTB 1.1.1 and below.
    yep...I am one of them... sorry...

Default Software
    This questions is gonna suck but is firmware the same as software, because my iphone already has so 1.1.3. If so, where should I start so that I can unlock my phone to use with my t-mobile service. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Default Software
    This questions is gonna suck but is firmware the same as software, because my iphone already has software 1.1.3. If so, where should I start so that I can unlock my phone to use with my t-mobile service. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

This guide worked perfectly, although the 1.1.3 upgrade too over about 3 hours to complete, took ages to download the restore file, server must be overloaded.
    But all the installs went smoothly and unlocked.

I was on 1.1.3 already with nates update. Before that I was on 1.1.1 unlocked, straight to 1.1.3. I started from the beginning of this guide.

One little thing, after completing all the steps with unlocked 1.1.3, the phone shows about 200mb of data used in other, even though the phone has been completely wiped clean. Any ideas where this 200mb is occupied, is it the restore file not being deleted, where do I delete it?

Thanks

I have 1.1.1 (3A109a) USA model MA501LL unlocked( i am from europe with telekom simm card , dont have AT&T) what is a procedure to upgrade on 1.1.3 ?
    Should i do update or restore in wich order 111>112>113 or 111>113?
    Last edited by kdr8; 2008-02-15 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default I am so confused with what i have done
    Hi everyone ,first let me apologise for my lack of knoledge with iphones,

here goes i purchased a iphone it was unlocked i dont know what software version it was on,but i allowed itunes to update it to 1.1.3 ,a big mistake .

I have managed to get it activated on 02 with a spare 02 sim card i had .but the problem comes when i install my original 02 sim card,this is a works sim card and they wouldnt pay for the i phone so i purchased one from ebay and when it arrived it worked sort of ?,it never had you tube and other items seemed not to work ,so when itunes offered me a upgrade i thought it would fix everything big mistake on my behalf.

first have i bricked my phone ?? can this be sorted out and how ?

second i have read so much and am now totally confused is this phone totally wrecked as it was on a different software and i up dated it like a fool.or can it be fixed.

I have seen loads of supposed fixes on ebay for digital repair something ,are these just instructions of how to fix iphones ?

Is there any one who can help a complete novice my phone was built wk43 07 so i also cant be sure what bootloader its on ,or does that even matter

I am using a windows xp pc i have wireless internet ,can any one help thanks in advance

hey scooba (e90)

i have a question for u guys also. i am wishing to buy a new 16bg iphone direct from apple and obvioulsy dont wish to activate via itunes. i am wondering can i use this jailbreak to unlock the phone so i can use with my other simcards. i will probably be starting a new o2 contract to use with this phone but it will be 12months and not the 18months which comes with the 02-iphone terms. basically when i unlock it etc will it work ok with o2 wireless hotspots, youtube, google etc??? will it have the exact same functions of a normal iphone contract directly linked and activated via itunes?
    cheers

Ok need help here! Im at step 5,running the OFFICIAL 1.1.3 soft upgrade and its "Writing Image: 20%" (stuck at 20% for about 40 mins now) Is that ok ? what should I do ? tks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast