Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do's and Dont's...

Default Do's and Dont's...
    Ok, so i just bought an iphone from the apple store, no contract. I was jus wondering do i just turn the phone on and then jailbreak it with no sim card inserted or do i need to like plug it up to itunes or somethin...

First put your SIM card and check. If its not yet activated you can activate in Itunes or Apple store or AT&T. Then Jailbreak it.

what i want to know is how the hell did you purchase one with no contract....
    "Search" is your friend

i went to the apple store not at&t

isnt it going to ask me to download fw 2.0. should i do that? cuz i want to jailbreak it with 2.0 fw....sorry for all the questions.....imma noob! lol
    Last edited by tayfly07; 2008-08-21 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Don't use iTunes to Activate - use this:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your 2.0 3G iPhone (Windows) [Updated]

Once you have followed this procedure, your iPhone menu will appear, which means your iPhone is activated

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

How much did you pay? If it was 199 or 299 then you will probably be hit with a penalty after 30 days for not activating.

udornf4, so i shouldnt plug the iphone up to itunes? what your saying is i should just jailbreak it first before doing anything with itunes?