Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i got a new phone from apple now my new phone dont have a warranty

Default i got a new phone from apple now my new phone dont have a warranty
    i got a new phone from apple now my new phone dont have a warranty when i go online & put the serial # in to check the warranty out. It says the phone was not activated .. i cant activate it because i unlocked it what can i do to just have my warranty show up? can i use some one at&t simcard who has an iphone & activate mine like that or i cant get a warranty on it now.

It doesnt really matter, if your NOT using AT&T....whether it says you have a warranty or not....YOU DONT. You must use AT&T service or your warranty is void.

If your using AT&T...well, first off, you wouldnt be unlocking it....however, if your with AT&T you have a warranty dont worry.

i had a iphone i got from someone who had at&t it had a warranty on it intil september so it was acting up i took it to the apple store i restored it first and they could not fix it because it was not finding itunes & i got a new one it aint matter if i had at&t or not.

They have tightened up ALOT.

If you think you can outsmart Apple, good luck.

damn lol even if i get apple care

Once you restore or upgarde the Unlock will be gone and you can take it back to AT&T as if nothing never happened.

yup from what i here with the new 3G phones your warranty doesn't start until you activate it... so i believe you can just activate with someone's at&t sim and go back to unlocking it and you should be fine
    "Search" is your friend

yeah i was gonna try that!! thanks guys