Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0.1 Unlock and Activation - Thanks will be given!

Default 2.0.1 Unlock and Activation - Thanks will be given!
    Ok so the problem is, I have a 1.1.4 iPhone at the present. It was originally a 1.1.2 and I used Ziphone to unlock and activate to 1.1.4 a while ago. I want to upgrade to 2.0.1 but I would like some clarification on the activation and jailbreak. Will I be able to upgrade to 2.0.1 on my 1st generation 1.1.4 iPhone, jailbreak it and remain unlocked? Or is there something I need to use such as Winpwn or something?

My apparent modem firmware is : 04.04.05_G.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks will be given!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The ONLY way to unlock/jailbreak 2.0.1 is with pwnage/winpwn/quickpwn. You have to build a custom firmware with one of these tools and use iTunes to restore. After that you will have to re-install all the apps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

MystikalDesigns (2008-08-21)

Well that didn't work at all.

I'm now constantly stuck on recovery mode when i plug my iPhone into the computer and I can't downgrade to 1.1.4 as it gives me error code 20. I tried using iTunes 7.5 but it done the same. I am currently on 2.0.1 firmware I believe but have no idea of checking as the damn iPhone doesn't boot up and only goes into recovery mode. I tried using QuickPwn but I can't follow the instructions because if I turn it off it automatically comes back on into recovery mode.

My question is this, if I decide to restore to clean firmware 2.0.1 can I then downgrade again cleanly or even use QuickPwn to jailbreak the iPhone?

yes
    you can always downgrade to a lower fw
    unless your on a 3G iphone the lowest you can go on that is 2.0
    and once your on a clean fw you can then go threw the process of using Quickpwn to jailbreak it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FramedTrash For This Useful Post:

MystikalDesigns (2008-08-21)

Finally after a bit of fiddling about, I managed to restore to 2.0.1 and then QuickPwn and then use WinPwn. I really was worrying about my iPhone haha

Ah well, thanks anyway guys!

So if I am on the 1.02 firmware on a 1st gen iphone, which is already unlocked using Anysim and my modem firmware is 3.14.08_G. If I want to upgrade straight to 2.01 firmware, do I need to do the re-virginize step first? Or I can use DFU mode to flash the 2.01 firmware directly on top of it? Please help, thank you.

I did this, and my iPhone is upgraded to 2.0.1, but my SIM card is now locked. I've rerun the quickpwn software 3 times and it's still locked. How do i get the SIM unlocked again so it will recognize T-Mobile?

I am having the same problem. My phone is unlocked with version 2.0.2 (5c1) but it does not see my sim. I am with Fido.

Can anyone help?

Thanks Kory