Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked 1st gen iphone need help with sim

Default Unlocked 1st gen iphone need help with sim
    I have unlocked my iphone with ipwn but now when i put in my orange sim card the phone still says no service...what can i do redo the unlock. please i need help!!

go into the settings
    then goto General
    then Reset
    and reset your Network settings
    then reboot
    that will fix your issues

Default SIM help
    I just used Quickpwn to unlock my 1st gen iphone and I am getting the same SIM message. says the SIM is not valid. I used it with verison 2.o and it worked fine. It is a t-mobile sim from my BB. I reset the network setting, but no luck.

Thank you very much in advance! Everyone has been a huge help!! I have just started being able to use my phone again now that it is unlocked I can used it with my work phone sim.

I suggest you use WinPWN instead of quickpwn. First put your phone in DFU mode,restore your phone to Firmware 2.0.0. DFU again,Restore with PWNed firmware (now it's unlocked) and then in Itunes shift+upgarde to 2.0.1. It will remain unlocked even after upgrade. Don't upgrade to 2.0.2 as thats not unlocked yet.

u can jailbreak 2.0.2...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGzeASBSJ1M]YouTube - Jailbreak 2.0.2 using QuickPwn[/ame]

Thanks, that's what i will do. Back to 2.0.1