Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sim tray doesnīt pop out itīs broken!!

Default sim tray doesnīt pop out itīs broken!!
    Hi there,
    I bought yessim to unlock my 16gb 3g iphone. I inserted both sims following the instructions. It was hard to make it get in; after, when I tried to take it out pressing with tool, it wouldnīt pop out. It couldnīt get the sim out so I opened the iphone and took the sim out...but the little stick that ejects the tray it s no longer there.
    So now I can insert sim cards, but canīt take them out unless I open the iphone.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

regards

Did the yes sim work? The new iphones were not designed to hold these and the sim card. I tried with a Turbo Sim. What I noticed is that every time I pushed the paperclip down to eject the sim tray, it was like it was going into a void. Like nothing was there. I just wiggled it around a little and the sim tray ejected slightly. I then used my finer nails and patience to wiggle it out enough to were I could grasp it and pull.

I moved the sim tray back and fourth slightly and was able to get it to come out partially. I pushed the Turbo Sim out from the bottom with my finger while pulling. Eventually, the tray came out, but the cut SIM card got stuck in the phone. I then has to take a slightly bent paper clip to fish the sim card out.

Bottom line...these are a piece of s**t that don't work. I didn't have to take my phone apart, but if you get the tray out, don't do it again.

Iīve tried many times with the clip, but no sign of sim tray at all. The only option I had was to open the iphone, otherwise I wouldnīt have done it. Inside, it seems that a little piece is missing, the one that should make the tray pop out.

My tray doesn't eject anymore.

I use a very thin screw driver, put it in and pull the tray out.

Works

i too had troubles
    i ended up snapping the simtray leavin both cards in the phone along with haf the tray
    lucky a peice of the sim was hanging out and i could remove it
    but now i got a broken simtray
    had to order one in from HK should be here tomorrow or the day after at worst
    hopefully the next simcard i put in it is also the last one gotta love legally unlocked phones

Does anyone know if you can use the previous generation iphone sim tray? They seem more sturdier than the new plastic ones.

i hope they make a black metal sim tray mines bro to but can still be used,the little circle broke,it is not really the sim adapters it is the crappy cheap sim trays,also do what i did take a knife put the tip into the circle and pull upwards.

I've had this issue as well. You can use a paperclip and curve it so you have a hook (actually more like an "L" shape) on then end. when you insert it, point the hook towards the sim card (there is a space there where the sim card slants. It will allow you to get a hold of the sucker and pull it out. works like a charm.
    Last edited by cartman13; 2008-08-19 at 07:50 PM.

rud3bwoy
    no you cant use the first gen simtrays
    they actually hold the simcard the other way around
    when i first broke my tray i went and ordered a gen1 tray thinking it will work untill i get my new tray in from HK
    sadly it doesnt work
    and im still waiting for my simtray to arrive so far its taken 3 days to clear customs
    i swear the seller must of packed the package full of heroin ive never had ne thing take thing long to get threw customs especially a tiny peice of plastic
    its f@#king annoying