Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I pay AT&T and use another sim

Default Can I pay AT&T and use another sim
    A friend of mine bought me an iphone to India and its working on roaming here. Now I want to use it on another sim and he said he may be able to get some code from AT&T that allows him to use another sim outside of USA (hes done that for phones other than Iphone)

The version of the phone is 04.03.13_G. W/o the sim inserted i can use the phone of wifi and all its features and ofcourse when i insert the non at&t sim it shows me a pic of a cable and itunes.

Also Its an 8GB phone how do i upload mp3 or other videos to it. I hope I am NOT supposed to just use Itunes for music and video.

Thanks for answering this query
    AVF

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avf View Post
    A friend of mine bought me an iphone to India and its working on roaming here. Now I want to use it on another sim and he said he may be able to get some code from AT&T that allows him to use another sim outside of USA (hes done that for phones other than Iphone)

The version of the phone is 04.03.13_G. W/o the sim inserted i can use the phone of wifi and all its features and ofcourse when i insert the non at&t sim it shows me a pic of a cable and itunes.

Also Its an 8GB phone how do i upload mp3 or other videos to it. I hope I am NOT supposed to just use Itunes for music and video.

Thanks for answering this query
    AVF
    If your friend can really get an unlock code then he could become very wealthy

While I believe this is technically possible (the same is happening in France for example where the operators are not allowed to keep phones locked to their network indefinitely) but I haven't heard of it done in the states.

And yes, you do have to use iTunes (unless you're a Linux user anyway )

confirmed ATT doesnt give subsidy for Iphone

Why not just Jailbreak the Phone and use it with any sim card? Unless of course your friend is taking it back with him to the US

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

you can get a out of country thing from att, you have to call them and tell them you are leaving country so you dont get raped for international callin. it may cost suttin but its not gonna get any one rich. thats why att sells phones with mutiple sim slots its for there international roaming customers
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!