Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I messed up. Bad

Default I messed up. Bad
    First off, I'm running a 2g, 16gb on t-mobile

I had 2.0 installed via pwnage, took advice that I could just update through iTunes.

I began the update, thought it was done, and un-plugged it, no clue if it was midway through the install.

It proceded to restore the iPhone, and it just shows "connect to iTunes" screen.

I proceded to restore, I'm pretty sure I did DFU mode correct as iTunes said the phone needed to be restored. Created my .ipsw file with pwnage 2.0.2.

I followed directions on how to unlock the 2.0 software to no avail, upon which I found at iClairified

It will just give me an error 6 message when I attempt to restore it in iTunes, what is causing this?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Google it, I am pretty sure it's a common error. Anyway if you can't get any solution then I would suggest you do this.
    Restore to 2.0, make sure everything is working, then make a 2.0.1 Custom IPSW using Winpwn or PwnageTool, there's a link to the guide at the top of the page (Grey bar. Once it's made, put your phone in DFU mode (Should be in the guide anyway), then restore to the pwned IPSW and you should be OK.

I hope this helps.
    Neo-Tech

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

when I restore to 2.0, do I unlock it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

error 6 iirc means its not in DFU mode..

for 2.0 DFU is done by holding home button and power button as both same time count to 10sec and let go of power button. the iphone screen will remain black, as if its s till turned off.. When itunes reconizes iphone is in recovery mode let go of home button. you are now in DFU.

Also winpwn version 2.0.0.4 is out use that i know a few people had problems with 2.0.0.2..

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php