Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restored phone now I cant unlock

Default Restored phone now I cant unlock
    I restored my phone in itunes and it updated the phone. I knew it wasn't going to work anymore after that.

I dl ZiPhone and tried it and it doesn't work.

I dled winpwn 2.0 and the firmware for 1st gen and it says

8/14/2008 12:35:43 PM - Unknown file: CDocuments and Settings\admin\Desktop\iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Resto re.ipsw

What do I need to get to unlock the phone again?
    Last edited by QBridg3; 2008-08-14 at 06:38 PM.

I was just in your shoes tuesday night, one thing I found out is that a lot of those restore things do not work here is the one I got to work

iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore
    MyTopFiles - Misc - iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

I followed this guide also
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Windows) [Updated]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tsujen For This Useful Post:

QBridg3 (2008-08-14)

I appreciate it. I'll try it out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    did u have any luck with this im going through this right now and its killing me, i have to fly to new york in 4 hours and im running out of time!

@gbridg3:

You downloaded the wrong version of winpwn! You need to download winpwn 2.0.0.4 and it will work with the latest firmware which is 2.0.1!

Create a custom firmware with root size bigger than 600. To make sure the process run smoothly! You can set root size to 700 or 800 or higher and you dont have to use Bosstool later on to free up some space! I set mine to 1000!

Read the post winpwn 2.0.0.4 for more info!

I always read all the post on here and the latest news before proceed to do anything! And always got it right the first try!

You can spend an hour to read all the post and get the right result. It still faster than post a question and wait a day for response!

I get an error when I try to upload the firmware to the phone.
    Last edited by QBridg3; 2008-08-17 at 08:11 AM.

Hi! I'm having the exact same problem! I just updated my iPhone in itunes and it completely re-locked my iPhone. I have two problems. 1.) I didn't unlock my iPhone the first time so I'm not sure exactly how to do it and I don't have my AT&T SIM card anymore. Can anyone help?? Thanks SO much!!!

Im having this problem with my 3G.

I updated by mistake to 2.0.1 and ive actually managed to get it to 2.0 but when i connect to itunes it says there is a problem with your iphone blablablabla and i cant do fcuk all with it!

Can someone please help? When I connect my iPhone, iTunes keeps telling me that the SIM card is not supported and to insert the original SIM card.....I don't have that anymore. HELP PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlkunsman View Post
    Can someone please help? When I connect my iPhone, iTunes keeps telling me that the SIM card is not supported and to insert the original SIM card.....I don't have that anymore. HELP PLEASE!!!
    Put your iPhone in DFU mode, and restore it using Pwnage / WinPwn again.

Hey Guys,

PWN downgrades your Baseband to unlock it. With Downgraded baseband if you try to restore to 2.0.1 it will give you error. I would recommend put your phone in DFU mode. Restore to FW 2.0.0. Then restore again with PWNed FW2.0.0. Now your phone is Jailbroken & Unlocked. Now Update (not Restore) in Itunes to 2.0.1. This way your phone will remain unlocked even after upgrade.

bestpal

Any valid link for mentioned FW 2.0.0 and PWNed FW2.0.0???

Thanks in advance!