Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking/pwnage Question

Default Unlocking/pwnage Question
    i used pwnage tool 2.0.2 to jailbreak my iPhone (first gen. firmware 2.0.1). and in the preferences i went through & unchecked "flash baseband". well when i restored to the custom .ipsw through itunes, i noticed that the Bootneuter app opened & started flashing the bootloader & the baseband anyway!

this freaked me out at first, because i am on at&t i didnt want my phone unlocked. so, my question is, can i just do a normal restore through iTunes & restore my phone to its original state, or will doing a restore through iTunes mess up the bootloader & baseband somehow & leave me phoneless?

i would greatly appreciate any info any of you can give me, as i am pretty new to this and dont want to mess up my phone! thanks in advance!

Thanks

A restore should revert it to its original form. The fact that it unlocked shouldn't be an issue anyways. I mean, what's the harm?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 461am For This Useful Post:

drewstin77 (2008-08-14)

not really any harm. i was just worried that i would screw it up in the process.

so you dont have to like revert the flashing process or anything before you restore?

Thanks

When I was on 1.1.4, I had neutered my baseband and then I directly upgraded to the official itunes version of 2.0, and nothing went wrong. I haven't tried doing it since, but I assume the process hasn't changed.

That being said, the pwnage tools process is completely reversible, so I don't think any issues should come up.

is neutering the baseband the same thing as unlocking? or are these two different things?