Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it safe to use bootneuter off cydia?

Default Is it safe to use bootneuter off cydia?
    I followed the tutorial exactly here: iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated]

But, bootneuter was never launched during the pwnage process. I found bootneuter off cydia, but I was wondering if it is safe to use? I'm on the original iPhone with 2.0.1 firmware and I want to unlock this phone.

Has anyone used it before? It says "unlocker for 2.0 firmware 2g iPhones." I have 2.0.1 so will it still work?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I suggest building a new firmware. Be sure and check the options to neuter bootloader and unlock your baseband.

Yes, I am 100% sure I did that. I just tried again and it still doesn't unlock. I've checked everything. I have the newest pwnage tool, the newest firmware, etc.

BTW, I'm on a Mac.

Maybe I can find a torrent or a website that already has the custom firmware that has it unlocked/jailbroken/activated?

I download it, put it in DFU, and option+click to restore?

Anyone know of one?

Well I thought of something else. I downloaded Winpwn and used my PC to create the firmware and restore on my Mac. It should work now...hopefully!!
    Last edited by CaliforniaKing; 2008-08-13 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost