Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yessim Unlocked lose signal after few hrs

Default Yessim Unlocked lose signal after few hrs
    well, i dont know why, after few hours of usage, iphone will lose service and i have to put my sim card back to a tmobile device and make a test call out. and put the simcard back into the iphone (with my yessim) in order to make it work again,feel like giving a boost, any solution?

solution havent resolve yet, there is like 1000 betas and no result.
    Last edited by momos168; 2008-08-22 at 08:13 AM.

Thanks

Hi, I used an x sim alpha and it kind of worked!! Could make calls, send and recieve texts but could not recieve any calls!! Also screwed my sim tray up too trying to get the damn sim in and out!! I addvise turbo sims ones you can program yourself, cost about 50/70 I think

well, i talked to one of the tech from yessim they told me to set the patch to 20, well its working now, but for how long dont know. hopefully this fixed the problem.

Thanks

I have mine at

universal
    boost mode
    patch at 1
    firmware 2.4 beta c

and it works too (even edge). but when I lose service, it cant regain it by itself, I have to put it into my tmobile sidekick and then back into my iphone. someone said to change the carrier from auto to tmobile. lets see if this works!

For Universal-SIM you can update your card to the latest release.
    Downloads - iPhone 3G

Thanks

where can I get yessims new 2.5 beta firmware? anyone testing?

didnt know there is a beta 2.5 but i just talked to one of the tech guy with yessim, he said they're updating the resolve for the lose network issue, so check yessim web prob 2 hours later

Thanks

well i take back what i said earlier. my iphone 3g lost service once again last nite, but definitely kept it alot longer and regained it a few times when I entered a bad area by changing the carrier setting from automatic to just tmobile and pressing dismiss everytime you lose service. No biggie but this is definitely getting out of hand and frustrating at this point. I ust wanna carry around ONE PHONE and it needs to be my 3G.

anyone have a better what to make this stop happeneing?

every night at my girlfriends house it loses service and won't come back. I can't stand this. Someone find a fix quick.
    Last edited by sp00nfedem1; 2008-08-13 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well yotin (from www.GSMPhone-Unlocking.com) helped me out and now i got it to work, so far no problem hopefully it'll last

yessim version : 2.4 beta (c )
    universal
    boost mode
    patch count 1

iphone version 2.0.1

its working now, thanx to yotin

Anyone know how to get the internet working on this damn yessim? im with Orange UK and have put all the settings in etc but am not getting the E sign?

Can anyone confirm if upgrading to 2.0.1 fixes the dropping 3G problem in the UK please?

I am on Vodafone and although the YesSIM guys have been wonderful, I am stuck on 2.0.1 Jailbreak with 2.4.4 YesSIM firmware.

I do not want to upgrade to the full 2.0.1 with updated baseband in case I am then not able to use the iPhone Dev Team's solution in the future if / when they manage to crack it. If someone can confirm 100% then it fixes the issue, then of course I will.

With regard to getting Orange working, have you set Data Roaming = Yes? You need to do this for all SIM cards with YesSIM.

Thanks again :-)

Hi Momos

Can you explain what Yotin asked you to change which fixed it please?

Many thanks

JB
    Last edited by jbsolutios; 2008-08-13 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

id also like to know. Im on tmobile usa and i lose network throughout the night and only during the night(bad area at my girlfriends where I sleep). During the day its fine it will lose network, I pres dismiss and its back to service again.. WIERD!

Everything else works flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsolutios View Post
    Can anyone confirm if upgrading to 2.0.1 fixes the dropping 3G problem in the UK please?

I am on Vodafone and although the YesSIM guys have been wonderful, I am stuck on 2.0.1 Jailbreak with 2.4.4 YesSIM firmware.

I do not want to upgrade to the full 2.0.1 with updated baseband in case I am then not able to use the iPhone Dev Team's solution in the future if / when they manage to crack it. If someone can confirm 100% then it fixes the issue, then of course I will.

With regard to getting Orange working, have you set Data Roaming = Yes? You need to do this for all SIM cards with YesSIM.

Thanks again :-)

Hi Momos

Can you explain what Yotin asked you to change which fixed it please?

Many thanks

JB
    Yes Data Roaming is set to on, aswell as 3G i also have the wap settings but im not getting any connection what soever to the internet, calling etc is spot on though.

westgyx if you are not getting the e icon in the top left then you need to either change the firmware of the sim or the patch count to pick up the signal.

What kind of sim are you using?

I have tried every different firmware with every different patch count and there are many different ways to get it to work.
    Who uses signatures these days???

JK im using the Yessim, what firmware and patch count though i do not know.

Well you are using the iPhone 3g right?

alot of people are buying yessim for the first gen when there is already a software unlock for it.

well the problem is not fix, still lose signal

Yeh i have the 3G iphone, cant get an E no matter what i do its frustrating!

westgyx

what firmware and patch count and mcc-mnc is your yessim using? and what firmware is your 3g using? 2.0 or 2.01?

Also are you jailbroken or still factory?

JK,

I do not know, i orderd it from the only seller in UK off Yessim site. I am using 2.0/

Jailbroken also.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast